* Problems with TODO and agenda command
@ 2013-01-26 15:23 Siegel, Aaron J.
From: Siegel, Aaron J. @ 2013-01-26 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello

I cannot get agenda command to include any of my TODO's.  I followed the tutorial
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/orgtutorial_dto.html

My .emacs file copied directly from the tutorial on a Linux system
	(require 'org-install)
	(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org$" . org-mode))
	(define-key global-map "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
	(define-key global-map "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
	(setq org-log-done t)

	(setq org-agenda-files (list "~/org/orgtutorial_dto.org"
				    "~/org/work-recover.org"))

This first task in this tutorial did not work for me. When I closed the task using C-c C-t I did not receive a time stamp. I have scheduled tasks and set deadlines for tasks but when I execute the command "C-c a a" I do not see any tasks in the agenda.

I am doing this on two computers one using a portable version of emacs for windows and the second is a Opensuse both are using emacs 24.2 and org-mode 7.8.11

Aaron