* Mindwave Emacs. EEG reading and Data gathering in an org-mode buffer.
@ 2012-09-04 17:06 Jonathan Arkell
From: Jonathan Arkell @ 2012-09-04 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Orgers!

I recently picked up a Neruosky Mindwave, a consumer level EEG device (it
reads brainwaves).  Unfortunately, the software bundle doesn't include a
way to log the EEG levels.  Since I am fairly decent at Elisp, I thought I
would write a little library to interface with the mindwave, and store the
results.  Naturally I thought of using an org-mode buffer for this.

So I present, mindwave-emacs:
https://raw.github.com/jonnay/emagicians-starter-kit/master/extra/mindwave-
emacs.org

Mindwave-emacs.el really is just a low-level interface for emacs.  Inside
of the org file are 2 examples (actually, fully working programs) that
show you how to work with it.

  - gather-into-org.el :: allows you to write data into an org-mode file
  - solarized-mind.el  :: uses the "eSense" Attention and Meditation
measurements to provide feedback to the user on their brian state.

I am also working on a lower-level serial/binary connection to retrieve
data from the mindwave to help facilitate raw EEG logging.

I don't know if this is going to be useful to anyone, but I figured some
people may be interested.

Cheers!

Jonathan Arkell
Sr. Developer
Inspired By Drum & Bass, Scheme, Kawaii

p. 403.206.4377
1011 9th Ave SE, Suite 300

Calgary, AB, Canada T2G 0Y4

jonathana@criticalmass.com
criticalmass.com

The information contained in this message is confidential. It is intended to be read only by the individual or entity named above or their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message.