* line breaks in table cells
@ 2009-05-04 14:10 Sprenger, Karel
From: Sprenger, Karel @ 2009-05-04 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Is there a way to force line breaks in table cells? I have a table where some cells will contain a list of items. Currently, org-mode has no way to include a list in a cell but being able to force a line break would help to make the exported HTML more readable when viewed through a browser. Of course, it would be nicer if a table cell could contain lists ☺

Kind regards/hartelijke groeten,
Karel Sprenger

* Re: line breaks in table cells
@ 2009-05-04 14:25 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-05-04 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sprenger, Karel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On May 4, 2009, at 4:10 PM, Sprenger, Karel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to force line breaks in table cells? I have a table
> where some cells will contain a list of items. Currently, org-mode
> has no way to include a list in a cell but being able to force a
> line break would help to make the exported HTML more readable when
> viewed through a browser. Of course, it would be nicer if a table
> cell could contain lists ☺

I think

  | a                          | b  | c  |
  |----------------------------+----+----|
  | aaa @<br/> bbb @<br/> ccc  | b1 | c1 |

should work, but only for HTML.

- Carsten

* RE: line breaks in table cells
@ 2009-05-04 15:21   ` Sprenger, Karel
From: Sprenger, Karel @ 2009-05-04 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Carsten,

That works. Thanks

Karel

On May 4, 2009, at 4:10 PM, Sprenger, Karel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to force line breaks in table cells? I have a table
> where some cells will contain a list of items. Currently, org-mode
> has no way to include a list in a cell but being able to force a
> line break would help to make the exported HTML more readable when
> viewed through a browser. Of course, it would be nicer if a table
> cell could contain lists ☺

I think

  | a                          | b  | c  |