* Two org-remember bugs in 5.07
@ 2007-09-05 16:08 Tassilo Horn
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2007-09-05 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I think I've discovered two problems with org's remember integration.
Sadly I use 5.07 since 5.08 hasn't been incorporated Emacs trunk yet.

Here's my remember setup:

(setq org-default-notes-file "~/org/main.org"
      org-remember-default-headline "Remember"
      org-remember-templates '(;; TODOs
                               (?t "* TODO %?\n(created: %U)\n%i\n%a")
                               ;; Ideas
                               (?i "* Idea: %^{Title}\n(created: %U)\n%?\n%i\n%a")
                               ;; Notes
                               (?n "* Note: %?\n(created: %U)\n%i\n%a")))

(setq remember-annotation-functions     '(org-remember-annotation)
      remember-handler-functions        '(org-remember-handler)
      org-remember-store-without-prompt t)

(add-hook 'remember-mode-hook 'org-remember-apply-template)

The file ~/org/main.org is my only org file.  It starts with

* Remember
#+CATEGORY: Remember
** TODO ...

and several level-1 headlines and categories follow.  When I file an
item with remember, it should be added as subitem to the "* Remember"
headline.

Bug 1: That doesn't happen.  The new TODO, idea or note is appended to
  the file.  It's always the last entry of the last headline.  I also
  tried letting org-remember-default-headline at its default value ""
  and used remember templates like

      (?t "* TODO %?\n(created: %U)\n%i\n%a" nil "Remember")

  but that makes no difference.  I also tried using "* Remember" as
  headline, but still no luck.

Bug 2: The docs say

  ,----[ (info "(org)Storing notes") ]
  | If the variable `org-adapt-indentation' is non-nil, the entire
  | text is also indented so that it starts in the same column as the
  | headline (after the asterisks).
  `----

  but that doesn't happen, although its value is t.  For example a todo
  made with the remember template above results in something like this.

** TODO test
(created: [2007-09-05 Wed 18:02])

[[info:org:Storing%20notes][org:Storing notes]]

  I would expect the "(created..." and the link to be aligned with the
  headline.  I inserted spaces after the \n in the template, because the
  doc-string of `org-adapt-indentation' says that column 0 entries in
  the body won't be aligned, but then only the single space is inserted,
  resulting in

** TODO test
 (created: [2007-09-05 Wed 18:02])

 [[info:org:Storing%20notes][org:Storing notes]]

I'll check if the problem still persists with 5.08 as soon as it's
included in the emacs trunk.  Please ping me when that's done.

Bye,
Tassilo