From: c.buhtz@posteo.jp
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: ox-publish: Some starting problems
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2022 16:39:46 +0000	[thread overview]

Dear Max,

thank's a lot for your help and your patience with a newbie.

Am 09.03.2022 16:32 schrieb Max Nikulin:
>> 3.
>> I use (setq org-export-with-broken-links t) with and without
>> ":with-broken-links "mark"" to prevend ox-publish stopping when there
>> are broken links. I swear and I also checked that there are only a few
>> of them. But in the HTML output all links are gone. No links. No text
>> for the links.
>
> If you insist on setq than try
>    (setq org-export-with-broken-links 'mark)
> without :with-broken-links. You can get correct value using easy
> customization interface. It does not matter for
> `org-export-with-broken-links', but some custom variables have :set
> property, so the following may be generally better
>    (custom-set-variables
>     '(org-export-with-broken-links 'mark))

Do you mean that (setq org-export-with-broken-links 'mark) is the same
as :with-broken-links mark? This are just two different ways to set the
same thing?
How do I know as a newbie? ;)

Why using custom-set variables here? Is there something wrong with just
doing
(org-export-with-broken-links t)
?

>> I tried to reproduce this in a minimal example with two new nodes. But
>> for them the links are generated.
>
> It seems, changing project options or global variables does not lead
> to updating of the files if the sources have not modified.

I do not understand. Do you a see a solution for the problem?

> There is a known problem with id links. They may be broken if they
> lead to another file:
> inkbottle. org-id with ox-html. Sat, 14 Aug 2021 00:28:35 +0200
> https://list.orgmode.org/4617246.m1MCmUpgFQ@pluto/

Great to know. Is there a way to monitor (subscribe) to the "dashboard"?
A bugtracker where I can not track a bug is not a bugtracker. :D
OK, bugs going to the mailing list. But am I allowed to attach extra
files (zip) to my mails to the mailinglist? Some bug reports need
attached files. But I learned and agree that it is rude to attach files
to a mailing list.

Back to the bug.
The bug-thread is hard for me to understand because of a lot of internal
details. What is the current essence? Currently there is no way to use
ox-publish with org-roam-v2 generated org files which use IDs as links?
But as I told sometimes the links are generated.

Btw: Also in my minimal working example I was not able to surly
reproduce the problem. Sometimes it works sometimes not. I also deleted
~/.emacs.d/org-roam.db, ~/.org-timestamps and ~/.emacs-d/.orgid-indexes
(I forget the correct name for the latter).

> org-mode is a mode, ox-publish maybe a package (actually unsure).
I thought it was a separate thing because of "(require ox-publish)".
Again: How do I as a newbie know?

> That page specifies related global variable, so you can try
> `describe-variable' C-h v with the related name.

I know that and I did. But this is waste of time when I have to do this
for each of the variable in that big list.

>> 6.
>> Is there a way to integrated backlinks into output?
>
> Do you mean something specific to org-roam?

I am not sure but maybe yes. ;)
I can do C-c n l which invokes org-roam-buffer-toogle and shows me an
extra buffer with a list of all nodes (org-files?) which are linking to
the current open node.