* Fold entirely done subtrees on startup?
@ 2014-09-24 10:05 Bernd Haug
From: Bernd Haug @ 2014-09-24 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

+STARTUP can show top level headers, all headers, all content or everything.

I'd like a way to have all subtrees that are DONE or have no
todo-status folded, but have everything TODO* displayed at startup.

Is there a way to do that with per-file settings?

Cheers, Bernd

* “…or with TODO children”, but I can emulate that well enough with
giving every path in the trees a status and have org inhibit setting
Headers with TODO or unchecked children DONE.

* Re: Fold entirely done subtrees on startup?
@ 2014-09-24 16:45 ` Subhan Michael Tindall
From: Subhan Michael Tindall @ 2014-09-24 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Bernd Haug', emacs-orgmode

It's not exactly what you want, but you can add a properties block to the subtree:

:PROPERTIES:
:VISIBILITY: folded
:END:
to control its display.

A little programming could probably automatically insert it on subtrees when status moves to DONE
This leaves only no-status entries to deal with

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you.

* Re: Fold entirely done subtrees on startup?
@ 2014-10-29 18:56 ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2014-10-29 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bernd!

* Bernd Haug <bernd.haug@xaidat.com> wrote:
> +STARTUP can show top level headers, all headers, all content or everything.
>
> I'd like a way to have all subtrees that are DONE or have no
> todo-status folded, but have everything TODO* displayed at startup.
>
> Is there a way to do that with per-file settings?

Not exactly what you asking for but I am using "C-c / t"
org-sparse-tree with option for the same purpose.

HTH