Hey Basu. I'd love to see this python script. I'm a complete n00b with latex so i'm trying to get up to speed on it fast; however all my research on this has led me to believe this is the perfect setup and your description of your flow is confirming it more. Thanks, *Greg Newman* http://20seven.org twitter: 20seven On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Shrutarshi Basu wrote: > I just started using orgmode today to organize the papers that I'm > collecting for my own research. The way I work is a bit complicated, but I > like it. I have all my PDFs in a single directory and my notes in a separate > directory. These notes are extensive outlines and notes for each paper. > Corresponding files are named the same in each directory to make it easy to > relate the paper to the notes. I also have a bibtex file with citation info > for each file. I then run a Python script over the two directories and the > bibtex file which generates an org file containing links to the PDF and > notes and some of the bibtex data (authors and publication). This file is my > main interface to all my research info. I use Org-mode tags to do some > simple categorization and also store short notes. If you like, I could give > you my Python script. Some of the file paths are hard coded in, but they're > easy to change. You can also view PDFs directly in Emacs. > > Basu > > -- > Shrutarshi Basu > Computer Science, > Electrical and Computer Engineering, > Lafayette College, > The ByteBaker -- http://bytebaker.com > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode > >