Hello, I trust that this is the right place to report a segfault. Using whatever is current in debian 9, emacs segfaults from a minimum setup when using an empty string for org-ellipsis. Here's how to reproduce it: > emacs -Q (setq org-ellipsis "") C-x C-e (org-mode) C-x C-e * asd ** def C-p tab < and boom My emacs isn't built from sources, so the ftrace/backtrace is meaningless for the "Fatal error 11: Segmentation fault" If there is a bugtracker and there always is a bugtracker, then my apologies in case this has already been dealt with. m