I use a small notebook with small pen as shown in http://www.upgradeinfoshop.com.br/admin/produtos/8186.jpg or http://www.livrariagraf.com.br/ecommerce_produtos_ver_foto.php?id=989 BTW I have to thank Eric for his (always excellent) post!!! Daniel 2010/1/25 Eric S Fraga > At Sun, 24 Jan 2010 23:09:27 +0900, > Torsten Wagner wrote: > > However, not all my work is just in front of a computer. And the world > > [...] > > > My question is now. What would be the best way to combine the > > moleskine and org-mode ? Does someone have experience with a paper > > [...] > > > Any ideas and experience would be welcome. > > In the "olden days" (as my son says), I used to run a mixed system > (well beore org-mode days, mind you). The best working scenario for > me was the following: > > - every Sunday, I would go through my paper diary, a Filofax (tm), and > transfer any new/changed items to my electronic version. > - I would then print off the next month's calendar in "week per two > pages" form compatible my Filofax. > - during the week, I would tend to work only on paper if I wasn't at > my desk but, even at the desk, I would update both paper and > computer simultaneously with new/changed entries. Any such entries > would be "ticked" on the paper so that I knew that I had already > incorporated them into the computer version. > > Eventually, I gave up and bought a Psion 3 (the original incarnation, > then a 3a and finally a 3mx) which I carried with me all the time! My > 3mx died early this century and I have been struggling ever since. > The Psion was absolutely fantastic, an example of engineering (both > hardware and software) at its best! > > I now have org-mode which is fantastic in terms of the software end > (and in many ways is reminiscent of the Psion) but the hardware end is > lagging [1]. I now use a combination of systems: desktop PCs at work > and home, netbook (Asus EEE) on the move with a Nokia internet tablet > (N810) for those times when the netbook is too inconvenient > (e.g. impromptu lunchtime meetings). Everything is synchronised using > git. > > This all works well enough but I still would like a single pocketable > computer that I could use in all scenarios. The Nokia's keyboard and > screen are just a little too small, especially the keyboard. I am > hopeful that a more usable system will come out this year as many > mobile internet devices [MID] and ultra-mobile PCs (UMPC) were > announced last year. The UMID &co. look promising. Maybe the > Pandora! Possibly one of the Android phones but probably not. > > I won't get an iPhone as I don't like the proprietary nature of the > software [2]. I want Linux or equivalent with org-mode! > > HTH, > eric > > > Footnotes: > [1] and this is *not* Carsten's fault ;-) > > [2] yes, the Psion ran proprietary software as well but, partly > because of being orphaned by them, I no longer am willing to end > up beholden to a single company's system! > > > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode >