I want to create a custom agenda view without all my :WEEKLY: tags appts to focus on extraordinary appointmens on the week. I could not do that directly because most :WEEKLY: tags were inherited. I did a hack by eliminating the regexp "\\+1w>" common to all my weekly todos but combinations with other inherited tags was not possible How can I do this in a more elegante way? Daniel (setq org-agenda-custom-commands '( ... ("l" "cLeaning Weekly" agenda "" ((org-agenda-ndays 7) ;; agenda will start in week view (org-agenda-repeating-timestamp-show-all t) ;; ensures that repeating events appear on all relevant dates (org-agenda-log-mode-items '(state)) (org-agenda-skip-function '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'scheduled 'deadline 'regexp "\\+1w>") ) ) ) ... )