From: Andrea Lazzarini <Andrea.Lazzarini@unige.it>
To: "emacs-orgmode@gnu.org" <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: [FR] Enhance footnote editing?
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 09:47:39 +0000	[thread overview]

I have recently developed a very simple package, org-footnote-assistant (link:
https://github.com/lazzalazza/org-footnote-assistant), which aims to enhance the
functionality and user experience of footnotes within Org Mode. It mainly uses
an indirect buffer to try to solve the problem of limited inline viewing of
footnotes, making it easier to review and modify content without disrupting your
workflow. I recently shared this package via Reddit, and it received, I think, a
fairly positive feedback from the community.

The org-footnote-assistant package introduces several features that improve the
management and editing of footnotes in Org Mode. The features include commands
for easy navigation between footnote references. Users can quickly jump to the
next reference or return to the previous one, ensuring a smooth editing
workflow.

The positive feedback and interest received on Reddit (and a comment by
alphapapa) have encouraged me to explore the possibility of integrating some of
these features upstream to prevent bitrot, ensure wider accessibility, and
leverage the collaborative power of the Org Mode community for their continued
maintenance and development.

I kindly request your feedback, evaluation, and suggestions regarding the
org-footnote-assistant package. I don’t know if some of these features might be
useful upstream, but I believe that your insights and expertise will be
invaluable in refining and optimizing these features for the benefit of all Org
Mode users.

Thank you,

Andrea Lazzarini
[GitHub: lazzalazza]