* Problem with latest orgmode ascii export
@ 2009-06-23 18:37 Robert Goldman
From: Robert Goldman @ 2009-06-23 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Just pulled a git update this morning, and was trying to do an
org-export as ascii.  Got the following error:

(invalid-function (interblock (start end type) (save-match-data (when
(setf func (cadr (assoc type org-export-interblocks))) (funcall func
start end)))))

This is a function that's defined by the FLET in
org-export-blocks-preprocess.  See org-exp-blocks.el, line 184.

I'm not exactly sure what is going wrong here --- is it possible that
this requires 'cl and somehow CL is not properly available?  Or the
version of CL in my emacs (Aquamacs 1.8) is not compatible?

I'll be happy to do some debugging if someone can give me some
suggestions about what line to pursue...

thanks,

* Re: Problem with latest orgmode ascii export
@ 2009-06-23 23:30 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-06-23 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Goldman; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Robert Goldman <rpgoldman@sift.info> writes:

> Just pulled a git update this morning, and was trying to do an
> org-export as ascii.  Got the following error:
>
> (invalid-function (interblock (start end type) (save-match-data (when
> (setf func (cadr (assoc type org-export-interblocks))) (funcall func
> start end)))))
>
> This is a function that's defined by the FLET in
> org-export-blocks-preprocess.  See org-exp-blocks.el, line 184.
>
> I'm not exactly sure what is going wrong here --- is it possible that
> this requires 'cl and somehow CL is not properly available?  Or the
> version of CL in my emacs (Aquamacs 1.8) is not compatible?
>
> I'll be happy to do some debugging if someone can give me some
> suggestions about what line to pursue...

I've run into this twice too -- restarting Emacs made it magically go
away for me.  I was exporting to HTML.

-Bernt

* Re: Problem with latest orgmode ascii export
@ 2009-06-27  7:20 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-06-27  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Goldman; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jun 23, 2009, at 8:37 PM, Robert Goldman wrote:

> Just pulled a git update this morning, and was trying to do an
> org-export as ascii.  Got the following error:
>
> (invalid-function (interblock (start end type) (save-match-data (when
> (setf func (cadr (assoc type org-export-interblocks))) (funcall func
> start end)))))
>
> This is a function that's defined by the FLET in
> org-export-blocks-preprocess.  See org-exp-blocks.el, line 184.
>
> I'm not exactly sure what is going wrong here --- is it possible that
> this requires 'cl and somehow CL is not properly available?

This may be it, org-exp-blocks does not say (require 'cl)

it does now, please upgrade and let me know if it fixes the problem.

- Carsten

@ 2009-06-27 10:57   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2009-06-27 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Robert Goldman

At Sat, 27 Jun 2009 09:20:10 +0200,
Carsten Dominik wrote:

> On Jun 23, 2009, at 8:37 PM, Robert Goldman wrote:
>
> > Just pulled a git update this morning, and was trying to do an
> > org-export as ascii.  Got the following error:
> >
> > (invalid-function (interblock (start end type) (save-match-data (when
> > (setf func (cadr (assoc type org-export-interblocks))) (funcall func
> > start end)))))
> >
> > This is a function that's defined by the FLET in
> > org-export-blocks-preprocess.  See org-exp-blocks.el, line 184.
> >
> > I'm not exactly sure what is going wrong here --- is it possible that
> > this requires 'cl and somehow CL is not properly available?
>
> This may be it, org-exp-blocks does not say (require 'cl)
>
> it does now, please upgrade and let me know if it fixes the problem.

Carsten,

just to add a data point to this:  I had exactly the OP's problem
yesterday when I pulled the git updates and did a make.  The problem
was resolved by doing a 'make clean' first for some reason.

eric