* Folding buglet?
@ 2014-01-01 21:32 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2014-01-01 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Aloha all,

* Folding issue
 - One
 - Two

With this Org mode buffer, which ends immediately after "Two" with no
new line, the "o" of Two shows up when the headline is folded:

* Folding issue...o

Obviously, not a big deal, but not expected behavior.

BTW, 2013 was a good year for Org mode in my book.  Many thanks for all
the improvements to this already-awesome software.  The Org mode
community is a source of real pleasure.  Happy New Year!

All the best,
Tom

--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813

* Re: Folding buglet?
@ 2014-01-03 10:29 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-03 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi Thomas,

tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> Aloha all,
>
> * Folding issue
>  - One
>  - Two
>
> With this Org mode buffer, which ends immediately after "Two" with no
> new line, the "o" of Two shows up when the headline is folded:
>
> * Folding issue...o
>
> Obviously, not a big deal, but not expected behavior.

Yes.  I've not searched deep into Org, but I suspect this is
related to outline rather than Org.

Btw, I didn't notice this before because I use

 (setq require-final-newline t)

which you might find useful.

> BTW, 2013 was a good year for Org mode in my book.  Many thanks for all
> the improvements to this already-awesome software.  The Org mode
> community is a source of real pleasure.  Happy New Year!

Indeed -- thanks to everyone involved!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Folding buglet?
@ 2014-01-03 16:31   ` Ivan Andrus
From: Ivan Andrus @ 2014-01-03 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org-mode, Thomas S. Dye

On Jan 3, 2014, at 3:29 AM, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
>> Aloha all,
>>
>> * Folding issue
>> - One
>> - Two
>>
>> With this Org mode buffer, which ends immediately after "Two" with no
>> new line, the "o" of Two shows up when the headline is folded:
>>
>> * Folding issue...o
>>
>> Obviously, not a big deal, but not expected behavior.
>
> Yes.  I've not searched deep into Org, but I suspect this is
> related to outline rather than Org.
>
> Btw, I didn't notice this before because I use
>
> (setq require-final-newline t)
>
> which you might find useful.

FWIW, I use that setting, but I see the issue when I am narrowed to a subtree, since narrowing to a subtree doesn't include a final newline.  Though as Thomas says, it's not a big deal.

>> BTW, 2013 was a good year for Org mode in my book.  Many thanks for all
>> the improvements to this already-awesome software.  The Org mode
>> community is a source of real pleasure.  Happy New Year!
>
> Indeed -- thanks to everyone involved!

+1

-Ivan

* Re: Folding buglet?
@ 2014-01-03 16:45   ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2014-01-03 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org-mode

Aloha Bastien,

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Btw, I didn't notice this before because I use
>
>  (setq require-final-newline t)
>
> which you might find useful.

Yes, indeed.  Thanks!

All the best,