* coloration of faces in pdfs from saving an agenda buffer
@ 2009-05-15  6:28 Alan E. Davis
From: Alan E. Davis @ 2009-05-15  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

I have posted on this problem several weeks ago: when I save an agenda
buffer with the brilliant C-u C-x C-w method (naming a file <name>.pdf), I
have not been able to produce a pdf that is readable unless the foreground
color is dark.  When exporting a pdf from an org-mode buffer, the text is
normally black.  Not in this case, however.

I have been pulling my hair out for quite a while about this.  I have had to
completely alter my coloration pattern of emacs to use this facility.

Can I incorporate a temporary selection of a different color-theme-* or a
neutral coloring scheme into the code that produces that PDF by the C-u C-x
C-w method?

I removed all manner of coloration, to get this working at all.  Well, I
just bought a monochrome laser printer, and even then, the light colored
foreground-color (like yellow) print in an illegible shade of light gray.

What have I been doing wrong?  Any clues?

Alan Davis

"An inviscid theory of flow renders the screw useless, but the need for one
non-existent."                     ---Lord Raleigh (John William Strutt), or
else his son, who was also a scientist.

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when
there is no ground whatsoever for supposing it is true.
    ---- Bertrand Russell

* Re: coloration of faces in pdfs from saving an agenda buffer
@ 2009-05-16 15:14 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-05-16 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan E. Davis; +Cc: org-mode

Hi Alan,

do you want colors at all in the printed version?  If not, try

(setq ps-print-color-p 'black-white)

- Carsten