* Sticky Agenda buffer: Announcement and request for testing
@ 2012-03-11 12:48 Dominik, Carsten
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Dominik, Carsten @ 2012-03-11 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Hi everyone,

already in Januar, Max Mikhanosha had published the first
version of his code to implement multiple agenda buffers.  I have
worked with him over the last few weeks, and we think that
it is now quite stable.

Sticky agenda buffers (this is how Max calls it now) means the
ability to keep multiple agenda buffer around.  So while this
does not cut down on the time it takes to create an agenda view,
it has massive impact in a situation where you would like to
switch between different agenda views frequently.

The code it available in the git repository, in the branch
max-sticky-agenda.  And it would be great if a few people
could go ahead and do some testing before we merge it.
Testing should be done both with sticky buffers turned off and
turned on.

We have made it now very simple to test it:

  git pull origin
  git checkout max-sticky-agenda

Then, in Emacs, use the `*' key in the agenda dispatcher
to turn sticky buffers on and off.

Since sticky buffers are not made new each time you look
at them, you need to update them when you think it is needed,
by pressing `g' or `r' in the buffer.  To make sure all
buffer are rebuilt, use `C-c a * *', so press the star twice
to toggle sticky buffer off and back on.  This will remove
all existing agenda buffers, so that they will be made again
when you dispatch to them.

Regards

- Carsten and Max