* How to tag all headlines in a region?
@ 2007-07-17 13:15 rst
From: rst @ 2007-07-17 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

sorry if I missed that one in the manual.
How can I tag multiple headlines simultaneously? all in a region?
maybe mark them in the agenda and tag all marked?

thx, rainer

* Re: How to tag all headlines in a region?
@ 2007-07-18 21:31 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-07-18 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rst; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jul 17, 2007, at 15:15, rst wrote:

> sorry if I missed that one in the manual.
> How can I tag multiple headlines simultaneously? all in a region?
> maybe mark them in the agenda and tag all marked?

This feature does not exist.

In an Org-mode file, it may be useful to rely on tag inheritance
in some occasions where you want to tag many headlines.  But I can see
that tagging a number of headlines from the agenda could be useful.

It is on the list, for after the summer.

- Carsten

* Re: How to tag all headlines in a region?
@ 2007-07-19  7:54   ` rst
From: rst @ 2007-07-19  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik schrieb:

> On Jul 17, 2007, at 15:15, rst wrote:
>
>> sorry if I missed that one in the manual.
>> How can I tag multiple headlines simultaneously? all in a region?
>> maybe mark them in the agenda and tag all marked?
>
> This feature does not exist.
>
> In an Org-mode file, it may be useful to rely on tag inheritance
> in some occasions where you want to tag many headlines.  But I can see
> that tagging a number of headlines from the agenda could be useful.
>
> It is on the list, for after the summer.
>
> - Carsten

Thank you for a wonderful tool I already love to use after a short time.

@ 2007-08-23 12:08 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-08-23 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rst; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

This will be in 5.06.

- Carsten

On Jul 17, 2007, at 15:15, rst wrote:

> sorry if I missed that one in the manual.
> How can I tag multiple headlines simultaneously? all in a region?
> maybe mark them in the agenda and tag all marked?
>
> thx, rainer

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: How to tag all headlines in a region?
@ 2007-09-26  8:00   ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2007-09-26  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik schrieb:
> This will be in 5.06.
>
> - Carsten
>
> On Jul 17, 2007, at 15:15, rst wrote:
>
>> sorry if I missed that one in the manual.
>> How can I tag multiple headlines simultaneously? all in a region?
>> maybe mark them in the agenda and tag all marked?
>>
>> thx, rainer

> Carsten Dominik
> Sterrenkundig Instituut "Anton Pannekoek"
> Universiteit van Amsterdam
> Kruislaan 403
> NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
> phone: +31 20 525 7477

Hello Carsten,

did I miss that feature on 5.06? I also cannot find it in the docs for 5.09.

Again, how could I mark several todos (maybe create a region) and shift
the schedule date of all marked items simultaneously?
I sometimes have to readjust all private todos from a passed day to
maybe to a future date.

Rainer

[-- Attachment #2: rainer.stengele.vcf --]

begin:vcard
fn:Rainer Stengele
n:Stengele;Rainer
org:diplan GmbH;Administration
adr:;;Wetterkreuz 27;Erlangen;;91058;Germany
email;internet:rainer.stengele@diplan.de
title:Technical Control - Senior Administrator
tel;work:+49(0)9131 777 885
tel;fax:+49(0)9131 777 888
url:http://www.diplan.de
version:2.1
end:vcard

* Re: How to tag all headlines in a region?
@ 2007-09-26 15:48     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-09-26 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 26, 2007, at 1:00, Rainer Stengele wrote:

> Carsten Dominik schrieb:
>> This will be in 5.06.
>>
>> - Carsten
>>
>> On Jul 17, 2007, at 15:15, rst wrote:
>>
>>> sorry if I missed that one in the manual.
>>> How can I tag multiple headlines simultaneously? all in a region?
>>> maybe mark them in the agenda and tag all marked?
>>>
>>> thx, rainer

>> --
>> Carsten Dominik
>> Sterrenkundig Instituut "Anton Pannekoek"
>> Universiteit van Amsterdam
>> Kruislaan 403
>> NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
>> phone: +31 20 525 7477
>>
> Hello Carsten,
>
> did I miss that feature on 5.06? I also cannot find it in the docs for
> 5.09.

This is the command `org-change-tag-in-region'.  It currently has no
key,
but in the agenda you can simply mark a region and press ":".  I forgot
to document this.

> Again, how could I mark several todos (maybe create a region) and shift
> the schedule date of all marked items simultaneously?

This is not possible.  However, you could try a keyboard macro for this
kind
of things.

C-x ( 4 S-right <down> C-x )

will define a keyboard macro to shift the date by 4 days into the future
and then move one line down.

With `C-u 1 0 C-x e' you can execute the macro 10 times.....

- Carsten

* Re: How to tag all headlines in a region?
@ 2007-09-26 16:13       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-09-26 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>> did I miss that feature on 5.06? I also cannot find it in the docs for
>> 5.09.
>
> This is the command `org-change-tag-in-region'. It currently has no
> key, but in the agenda you can simply mark a region and press ":". I
> forgot to to document this.

Nice! (If I understand it correctly, it doesn't handle the { tag1 tag2 }
construct for now?)

A small bug: go in agenda buffer, selec the TODO state of an item with
`t' then try to clear the state with SPACE.  Here it bites like this:

,----
`----

--
Bastien