Hi Max, Max Nikulin writes: > The author suggests to install from github assets instead of official > add-on catalog for some reason. Perhaps it is just survived since times > when cb_thunderlink was not published yet. My new version instructs to install the add-on from Thunderbird, with no OS installation. It's simpler and safer. > > My idea was to push '("\\`mid:" . custom/browse-url-mid) to > `browse-url-handlers' having (untested) > > (defun custom/browse-url-mid (url &optional _ignored) > (browse-url > (replace-regexp-in-string "\\`mid:" "thunderlink:/message-id=" url))) > > I am unsure concerning double slash after protocol since host name > expected after double slash. At least KDE may try to resolve hostname > and to distort URI. I hope, Message-ID never contains characters that > may require percent encoding when used in query parameter value. > > `browse-url-xdg-open' had a lot of revisions before current > `call-process' settled inside. It is the reason why I will prefer to > avoid explicit calls to `start-process' (alternatives known to me are > even worse) and to delegate as much as possible to `browse-url'. My new version instructs to use standard "mid:" by just running Thunderbird. > Since you suggest thunderlink: links instead of built-in mid: I didn't realize that Thunderbird allows to open "mid:". I've simplified the method. I'm now using =cb_thunderlink= just to answer the following question, that currently is on the wiki page: you need to copy the value of the Message-ID header, it should be possible with some add-on. i.e. cb_thunderlink allows to build a full org link (link + description). As it's still not clear to me how to configure browse-url, I'm still relying on start-process. See a new version of the patch. Bruno