From: "Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com>
To: Srinivas Pavani <sp_us@yahoo.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: org-article & #+INCLUDE LaTex support
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 08:43:56 -1000	[thread overview]

Aloha Srinivas,
On Nov 19, 2010, at 8:08 AM, Srinivas Pavani wrote:

> Tom,
>
> I have been trying to use the org-article LaTEX setup to get
> consistent look
> and feel across my documents.
>
> I found out that if you insert the following lines directly in a file
> (test.org), the desired output is produced. However if you insert
> the lines in
> an #+INCLUDE file, then the outcome is different. The settings of
> org-article
> are ignored.
>

> Test case 1:
>
> File: test.org

> #+LaTeX_CLASS: org-article
> #+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS:
> [koma,letterpaper,captions=tableheading,utopia,11pt,listings-
> sv,microtype,paralist,colorlinks=true,urlcolor=blue,secnums]
> #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage[AUTO]{inputenc}
>
> * Sample Heading1
> ** Sample Heading2
> *** Sample Heading3
> Content goes here
>
> ----------------------------
>
> Test case 2:
> File: test.org
>
> #+include: boiler.org
>
> * Sample Heading1
> ** Sample Heading2
> *** Sample Heading3
>
> Content goes here
>

> File: boiler.org
> #+LaTeX_CLASS: org-article
> #+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS:
> [koma,letterpaper,captions=tableheading,utopia,11pt,listings-
> sv,microtype,paralist,colorlinks=true,urlcolor=blue,secnums]
> #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage[AUTO]{inputenc}
>
> It seems that when files are included, the contents of the included
> file are
> not evaluated consistently. This seems like it is more of an issue
> with org-
> mode and interpreting include file contents.
>
> - Srinivas

Thanks for reporting this.  I'm glad you're able to get the desired
output with org-article.

Org-article doesn't know anything about include files (perhaps it
should?), so I'm guessing along with you that this is an org-mode issue.

If I'm not mistaken, Eric Fraga reported this behavior as a bug
earlier today (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-11/msg00860.html
).  I'll be interested in the discussion of this issue and any changes
that might be required for org-article to process include files
correctly.

All the best,
Tom