* 'new line' problem
@ 2009-05-23 11:21 Konstantin Antipin
From: Konstantin Antipin @ 2009-05-23 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,
While I am enjoying the power of orgmode, one thing annoys me.
If I have todo-item
       ** TODO Fix orgmode endline problem    :emacs:

And I want, for example, to add some property. I use \C-c\C-xp for
that. Here is the result:
       ** TODO Fix orgmode endline problem 				    :emacs:
:PROPERTIES:    :DESCRIPTION: need to send email to the mailing list
 :END:

The problem is that orgmode does not insert new lines correctly and thus treats
" :PROPERTIES:    :DESCRIPTION: need to send email to the mailing list
   :END: " as a simple text, as a header.
And I need to insert new lines manually:
** TODO Fix orgmode endline problem 				    :emacs:
   :PROPERTIES:
   :END:
After manual correction orgmode correctly recognize property.

This problem exists not only for properties, but basically for
everything - When adding new item to the file with remember, or using
CLOCK.

I understand, that this is the problem with my setup somehow, since I
seems to be the only one who have this problem...

Need some help with that :)
Konstantin

GNU Emacs 23.0.91.
Org-mode version 6.24trans

* Re: 'new line' problem
@ 2009-05-23 19:49 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-05-23 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Antipin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On May 23, 2009, at 1:21 PM, Konstantin Antipin wrote:

> Dear all,
> While I am enjoying the power of orgmode, one thing annoys me.
> If I have todo-item
>       ** TODO Fix orgmode endline problem    :emacs:
>
> And I want, for example, to add some property. I use \C-c\C-xp for
> that. Here is the result:
>       ** TODO Fix orgmode endline problem 				    :emacs:
> :PROPERTIES:    :DESCRIPTION: need to send email to the mailing list
> :END:
>
> The problem is that orgmode does not insert new lines correctly and
> thus treats
> " :PROPERTIES:    :DESCRIPTION: need to send email to the mailing list
>   :END: " as a simple text, as a header.
> And I need to insert new lines manually:
> ** TODO Fix orgmode endline problem 				    :emacs:
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :END:
> After manual correction orgmode correctly recognize property.
>
> This problem exists not only for properties, but basically for
> everything - When adding new item to the file with remember, or using
> CLOCK.
>
> I understand, that this is the problem with my setup somehow, since I
> seems to be the only one who have this problem...

And the way to find the problem is to remove your setup
and check if things then work OK.  If you, add the setup
back in piece by piece to find the offender.

- Carsten