From: Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>
To: Michael <wuolong@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Re: Table questions
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 00:20:25 +0100	[thread overview]

On Dec 19, 2006, at 17:54, Michael wrote:
> I agree that you probably don't want to exactly replace the full power
> of
> Excel.  But this simple feature makes it possible to keep track of
> simple
> data.  I won't mind having to redo the formula after row swapping etc.,
> which I think won't happen so often for a given table anyway.

The question is exactly where to draw this border.  Decisive
for me is if I can find a clear an logical way to define things.
I guess something more about this will materialize eventually, but it
will take a bit.

>> Yes, I think it would and I have been thinking to make this possible.
>> However, once I allow this, people will want to use \multicolumn, and
>> this seems for me to be beyond the scope.
>
> I think you can ignore the rows with multicolumn in it, which would
> satisfy
> most people I imagine.

by ignore you mean simple not format those lines? That might be an
option.

However, it is unlikely that I will the table editor in org-mode to
handle such cases.  It is more likely that at some point I'll will
make a separate program based on it, that will be more flexible to
adapt.

- Carsten