Hello, On Di, Mär 22 2022 at 20:27:27 +0800, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > To clarify, org-cite must detect changes in your .bib file and if a > citation record key in the .bib files was changed, trying to insert it > should trigger org-cite to mark the new citation in red. Regardless if > the citation gets inserted at the same of other line. > > Or maybe I misunderstand what you did. Ok, for me it does not seem to work as intended. The old cite-key turns immediately red if and if only I insert the new cite-key on the same line. For it to turn red if I insert it on other lines, I have to kill the buffer and reload it. I used ´emacs -Q¡ with the attached files. Kind regards Paul