* Use Tags in Properties
@ 2010-11-10  7:37 Chao LU
From: Chao LU @ 2010-11-10  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

Is it possible to hide the Tags in the Properties Drawer? Sometimes my items
have too many Tags, or the Tags are quite long like (Quantum Mechanics), the
line will be quickly filled up...

Thanks,

Chao

* Re: Use Tags in Properties
@ 2010-11-10 13:36 ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2010-11-10 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chao LU; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Chao LU <loochao@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear all, Is it possible to hide the Tags in the Properties Drawer?

manual: "Special properties"

     TAGS         The tags defined directly in the headline.

cheers,
Giovanni

* Re: Use Tags in Properties
@ 2010-11-10 13:39   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-11-10 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giovanni Ridolfi; +Cc: Chao LU, emacs-orgmode

On Nov 10, 2010, at 7:36 AM, Giovanni Ridolfi wrote:

> Chao LU <loochao@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Dear all, Is it possible to hide the Tags in the Properties Drawer?
>
> manual: "Special properties"
>
>     TAGS         The tags defined directly in the headline.

This is only a special method to access the tags in the headline
through the property interface.  It is not possible to store the tags
in the properties instead of the headline.  You would need to use some
other property yourself and design searches using properties.

- Carsten