* Habits in agenda view
@ 2012-02-26 21:19 Renger van Nieuwkoop
From: Renger van Nieuwkoop @ 2012-02-26 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi
I want to change my agenda view in such a way, that habits are shown as an explicit block below my agenda, but my solution (shown below) shows the habits still in my agenda view and without all the nice tracking color and symbols in the block below the agenda. It might be simple, but I don't seem to manage. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is my code for the adjusted agenda view (the first block shows my tasks I should work on next:

            ("s" "Agenda with Next and Habit as separated views"
                ((agenda "" nil )
                (tags-todo "-WAIT/!NEXT"
                           ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Next Tasks")
                            (org-agenda-skip-function 'skip-projects-and-habits)
                            (org-agenda-skip-function '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'notregexp "\\[#A\\]"))
                            (org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled t)
                            (org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines t)
                            (org-tags-match-list-sublevels t)
                             ))
                 (tags "HABIT"
                      ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Habits")))
                 nil))
Cheers
Renger

* Re: Habits in agenda view
@ 2012-02-27  7:07 ` Viktor Rosenfeld
From: Viktor Rosenfeld @ 2012-02-27  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Renger,

why not use two differently configured agenda blocks in your agenda
view. In the first you skip habits and in the second you skip everything
else.

Cheers,
Viktor

Renger van Nieuwkoop wrote:

> Hi
> I want to change my agenda view in such a way, that habits are shown as an explicit block below my agenda, but my solution (shown below) shows the habits still in my agenda view and without all the nice tracking color and symbols in the block below the agenda. It might be simple, but I don't seem to manage. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Here is my code for the adjusted agenda view (the first block shows my tasks I should work on next:
>
>             ("s" "Agenda with Next and Habit as separated views"
>                 ((agenda "" nil )
>                 (tags-todo "-WAIT/!NEXT"
>                            ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Next Tasks")
>                             (org-agenda-skip-function 'skip-projects-and-habits)
>                             (org-agenda-skip-function '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'notregexp "\\[#A\\]"))
>                             (org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled t)
>                             (org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines t)
>                             (org-tags-match-list-sublevels t)
>                              ))
>                  (tags "HABIT"
>                       ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Habits")))
>                  nil))
> Cheers
> Renger

* Re: Habits in agenda view
@ 2012-02-27 12:49 ` Michael Brand
From: Michael Brand @ 2012-02-27 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Renger van Nieuwkoop; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Renger

Not sure why you want to skip habits in tags-todo, they should not
appear anyway. Try:

("s" "Agenda with Next and Habit as separated views"
 ((agenda ""
          ((org-habit-show-habits nil)))
  (tags-todo "-WAIT/!NEXT"
             ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Next Tasks")
              (org-agenda-skip-function 'skip-projects-and-habits)
              (org-agenda-skip-function '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if
'notregexp "\\[#A\\]"))
              (org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled t)
              (org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines t)
              (org-tags-match-list-sublevels t)
              ))
  (agenda "HABIT"
          ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Habits")
           (org-agenda-entry-types '(:scheduled))
           (org-agenda-skip-function
            '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'notregexp ":STYLE:.*habit"))))))

See also this thread:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-05/msg00665.html

Michael