From: Stefan Vollmar <vollmar@nf.mpg.de>
To: emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Structured export of HTML headlines
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 13:54:42 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello,

org's HTML output is very convincing (as are so many other wonderful
things org does) - congratulations! We now want to use it also for our
software documentation.

Our main packages are Qt 4.5 based and we have already had some good
experiences with using Qt's help browser, http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/assistant-details.html
, and find it highly recommendable.

Previous versions of our documentation were written in LaTeX,
converted to HTML with tth and then post-processed with some (rather
complicated) Python code we have written. To use QtAssistant, one has
to create a XML file which looks like this:

<DCF ref="vhist.htm#doc:begin" title="VHIST White Paper">
    <section ref="vhist.htm#sec:abstract" title="Abstract">
    </section>
[...]
        <section ref="vhist.htm#tth_sEc4.10" title="Comments on specific
Design Decisions">
            <section ref="vhist.htm#tth_sEc4.10.1" title="The syntax of
VHIST markers">
            </section>
            <section ref="vhist.htm#tth_sEc4.10.2" title="Comments on
Attribute filetype">
            </section>
        </section>
</DCF>

To create such a dcf-file it would be helpful to have a list with all
HTML headings (level 1-3) and their URLs. It is, of course, possible
to extract them from the HTML file but I guess there are more elegant
ways as org, obviously, knows about the structure of all HTML files in
a publishing project.

Many thanks in advance.
Warm regards,
  Stefan
--
Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys.
Max-Planck-Institut für neurologische Forschung