* MobileOrg Android 0.8.0 Released, many new features!
@ 2012-02-07 12:59 Matthew Jones
From: Matthew Jones @ 2012-02-07 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

MobileOrg for Android has gone through a lot of changes recently. We've
added a lot of great features that users have been asking for and fixed
some big issues that have been bothering people.

If you have tried MobileOrg in the past and have difficulties with it or it
didn't have a feature you wanted then I hope you'll give it another try.

Some of the great new features:

- New Storage System (org content is now stored in the database)
- Search Support
- Android Calendar Integration (with reminders)
  This will also allow you to sync your org schedules and deadlines into a
Google Calendar.
- Synchronize over SSH/SCP
  Password only, looking to implement key-based auth in the future
- Locale/Tasker Plugin
  Trigger a sync action from any conditions
- Self-signed ssl webdav certificates
  Intelligent handling, will also warn you if the certificate changes
- Edit tags
- Capture only mode
- Complete UI revamp
- Spanish translation
- Improved synchronization system
- Improved edit and capture modes
- Full documentation in wiki

You can find more release information on the wiki:

https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/wiki

We've also written more complete documentation including screenshots:

https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/wiki/Documentation

Henning Weiss has been instrumental in this release, he implemented a lot
of the nice features you see here.  We are still in active development and
appreciate your feedback.

* Re: MobileOrg Android 0.8.0 Released, many new features!
@ 2012-02-07 17:36 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2012-02-07 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Jones; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Wow Matthew,

great to see your persistence in developing this program!

- Carsten

@ 2012-02-08  0:28 ` Carson Chittom
From: Carson Chittom @ 2012-02-08  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Matthew Jones <bsdmatburt@gmail.com> writes:

> MobileOrg for Android has gone through a lot of changes recently. We've
> added a lot of great features that users have been asking for and fixed
> some big issues that have been bothering people.

Awesome!  I can't wait to try it out.

Any chance it will be available via Amazon?  I'm thinking of my wife's
Kindle Fire here.

* Re: MobileOrg Android 0.8.0 Released, many new features!
@ 2012-02-08  3:17   ` Matthew Jones
From: Matthew Jones @ 2012-02-08  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carson Chittom; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hey Carson... I've never thought of putting it on the amazon store.  I'll
check on that.... in the meantime if you want to use it and the Fire can
install apks directly you can download the latest release here:

http://matburt.net/files/MobileOrg-release.apk

@ 2012-02-08  3:26     ` Carson Chittom
From: Carson Chittom @ 2012-02-08  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Matthew Jones <bsdmatburt@gmail.com> writes:

> Hey Carson... I've never thought of putting it on the amazon store.  I'll
> check on that.... in the meantime if you want to use it and the Fire can
> install apks directly you can download the latest release here:
>
> http://matburt.net/files/MobileOrg-release.apk

I can confirm that the Kindle Fire *can* install APKs directly.  I'm
just at a point in my married life where I'm trying to synchronize my
wife's and my TODO list (at least partially), so if she---not always the
most technically-oriented---can install it directly from Amazon (and
thus---hopefully!---get eventual updates) that's all to the good.

* Re: MobileOrg Android 0.8.0 Released, many new features!
@ 2012-02-08 11:54   ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2012-02-08 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Wow Matthew,
>
> great to see your persistence in developing this program!
>
> - Carsten

I was wondering Carsten if you actively use the iPhone version? I posted
some issues here but go no feedback - I cant get it working following a
config error in my set up - after correcting it and then syncing the
phone it falls over as described in my earlier post.

* Re: MobileOrg Android 0.8.0 Released, many new features!
@ 2012-02-08 14:30     ` Matthew Jones
From: Matthew Jones @ 2012-02-08 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Richard.... the iphone version of MobileOrg is maintained by Richard
Moreland.  Look at his MobileOrg IOS support page here:

http://mobileorg.ncogni.to/support/

It's best to contact him via email, I don't think he follows this list much.

@ 2012-02-18  4:08     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2012-02-18  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 8.2.2012, at 12:54, Richard Riley wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Wow Matthew,
>>
>> great to see your persistence in developing this program!
>>
>> - Carsten
>>

> I was wondering Carsten if you actively use the iPhone version?

I do, and without problems.  Have you tried contacting Richard directly?

- Carsten