Ihor Radchenko writes: > [...] >>> If you can, please add some more tests like mine checking >>> `org-columns--clean-item'. > [...] I have added one test for each new feature (headline linkification, and formatting function). Also, there's a third patch, which moves the call to `org-quote-vert' to the cleanup function `org-columns--clean-item' as you suggested. Updated patches below. One more thing caught my eye in `org-dblock-write:columnview' though. When running the currently (i.e. before my patches) last test in test-org-colview.el, the one with `org-columns-default-format' set to "%ITEM %DEADLINE(d) %SCHEDULED(s) %TIMESTAMP(t)", `org-with-wide-buffer' appears to modify the buffer and advances point by one (before the call point is at 97, after the call at 98). In all other tests, `org-with-wide-buffer' does not move point. In `org-dblock-write:columnview' I have thus moved the sampling of point for passing to the formatting function to after the call to `org-with-wide-buffer'. Many thanks and looking forward to your thoughts, --alexander