* Length of block separator line/separator char
@ 2009-01-15 14:47 Jan Seeger
From: Jan Seeger @ 2009-01-15 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello list!

Is it possible to make the length of the block agenda separator line and the separator char configurable? Looking at the code, it should not be too big a change.

Greetings,
Jan Seeger

* Re: Length of block separator line/separator char
@ 2009-01-15 16:32 ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2009-01-15 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does customizing variable org-agenda-time-grid help?

@ 2009-01-16 11:03   ` Jan Seeger
From: Jan Seeger @ 2009-01-16 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

At Thu, 15 Jan 2009 22:02:38 +0530,
Manish  wrote:

> Does customizing variable org-agenda-time-grid help?

No, I actually mean the line between the parts of a block agenda (the one which consists of "========".

Regards, Jan

* Re: Length of block separator line/separator char
@ 2009-01-16 15:32 ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-01-16 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jan,

Jan Seeger <jan.seeger@thenybble.de> writes:

> Is it possible to make the length of the block agenda separator line
> and the separator char configurable? Looking at the code, it should
> not be too big a change.

Right now I think the best you can do is to use
org-agenda-compact-blocks and org-agenda-overrriding-header in
conjunction. There's an example in the tutorial I put together on
custom agenda commands.

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-custom-agenda-commands.php#sec-5.4

Best,
Matt

* Re: Length of block separator line/separator char
@ 2009-01-17 12:35     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-17 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jan 16, 2009, at 12:03 PM, Jan Seeger wrote:

> At Thu, 15 Jan 2009 22:02:38 +0530,
> Manish  wrote:
>>
>> Does customizing variable org-agenda-time-grid help?
>
> No, I actually mean the line between the parts of a block agenda
> (the one which consists of "========".

Hi Jan,

what kind of options would you like to have for this separator?
Specifying the entire string, for example?  What would be useful?

- Carsten

@ 2009-01-17 17:52       ` Jan Seeger
From: Jan Seeger @ 2009-01-17 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

At Sat, 17 Jan 2009 13:35:21 +0100,
Carsten Dominik wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> what kind of options would you like to have for this separator?
> Specifying the entire string, for example?  What would be useful?

Yes, specifying the whole string would be useful. Also maybe separate
it into org-agenda-block-separator-char and
org-agenda-block-separator-length (which can be either a function or a
number).

Regards,

@ 2009-01-17 18:29         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-17 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jan 17, 2009, at 6:52 PM, Jan Seeger wrote:

> At Sat, 17 Jan 2009 13:35:21 +0100,
> Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> Hi Jan,
>>
>> what kind of options would you like to have for this separator?
>> Specifying the entire string, for example?  What would be useful?
>
> Yes, specifying the whole string would be useful. Also maybe separate
> it into org-agenda-block-separator-char and
> org-agenda-block-separator-length (which can be either a function or a
> number).

Is the reason why you want to change it, that you have a non-standard
window width?
So maybe you really want the window width to be used here automatically?

- Carsten

* Re: Length of block separator line/separator char
@ 2009-01-17 19:17           ` Jan Seeger
From: Jan Seeger @ 2009-01-17 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

At Sat, 17 Jan 2009 19:29:02 +0100,
Carsten Dominik wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2009, at 6:52 PM, Jan Seeger wrote:
>
> > At Sat, 17 Jan 2009 13:35:21 +0100,
> > Carsten Dominik wrote:
> >> Hi Jan,
> >>
> >> what kind of options would you like to have for this separator?
> >> Specifying the entire string, for example?  What would be useful?
> >
> > Yes, specifying the whole string would be useful. Also maybe separate
> > it into org-agenda-block-separator-char and
> > org-agenda-block-separator-length (which can be either a function or a
> > number).
>
> Is the reason why you want to change it, that you have a non-standard
> window width?

No, I want to print the agenda, and the separator line is way too long
for an A4 page. So I want to customize the length (and, as a bonus,
the character that the separator line uses.

Regards,
Jan

* Re: Length of block separator line/separator char
@ 2009-01-18  7:23             ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-18  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

OK, I have introduced a new variable, org-agenda-block-separator.
It can be a character which then will be used to fill the window
width, or a string of your choice.

HTH

- Carsten

@ 2009-01-18 10:36               ` Jan Seeger
From: Jan Seeger @ 2009-01-18 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

At Sun, 18 Jan 2009 08:23:28 +0100,
Carsten Dominik wrote:

> OK, I have introduced a new variable, org-agenda-block-separator.
> It can be a character which then will be used to fill the window
> width, or a string of your choice.
>
> HTH

Many thanks for the quick response!

Regards,