* Org-Mode => MediaWiki Wiki mark up?
@ 2011-03-30 17:50 Mark A. Hershberger
From: Mark A. Hershberger @ 2011-03-30 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm really starting to use OrgMode to help me organize my time and the
tasks that I have.  Would it be possible to export OrgMode markup to
MediaWiki markup, which is where I publish my weekly report (I work for
Wikimedia)?  Has anyone else done this, yet?

I have a MediaWiki mode (https://launchpad.net/mediawiki-el) that I can
use to edit Wikipedia, or any other MediaWiki-based wiki, but it would
be nice to use all the tools that are built into OrgMode for
prioritizing tasks, and whatnot, and this just run, say,
org-mode-publish-mediawiki and have the translation done and published.

If this hasn't been done, are there any how-tos that would provide an
outline for what I need to do in order to create my own translation
tool?

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/

War begins by calling for the annihilation of the Other,
    but ends ultimately in self-annihilation.

* Re: Org-Mode => MediaWiki Wiki mark up?
@ 2011-03-30 18:04 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-03-30 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark A. Hershberger; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

mah@everybody.org (Mark A. Hershberger) writes:

>  Would it be possible to export OrgMode markup to MediaWiki markup,
> which is where I publish my weekly report (I work for Wikimedia)?  Has
> anyone else done this, yet?

In the git checkout,

./EXPERIMENTAL/org-export.el
./EXPERIMENTAL/org-mediawiki.el

Jambunathan K.

* Re: Org-Mode => MediaWiki Wiki mark up?
@ 2011-03-30 18:05 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-03-30 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark A. Hershberger; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Mark A. Hershberger <mah@everybody.org> wrote:

> I'm really starting to use OrgMode to help me organize my time and the
> tasks that I have.  Would it be possible to export OrgMode markup to
> MediaWiki markup, which is where I publish my weekly report (I work for
> Wikimedia)?  Has anyone else done this, yet?
>
> I have a MediaWiki mode (https://launchpad.net/mediawiki-el) that I can
> use to edit Wikipedia, or any other MediaWiki-based wiki, but it would
> be nice to use all the tools that are built into OrgMode for
> prioritizing tasks, and whatnot, and this just run, say,
> org-mode-publish-mediawiki and have the translation done and published.
>
> If this hasn't been done, are there any how-tos that would provide an
> outline for what I need to do in order to create my own translation
> tool?

Wes Hardaker's generic exporter (in contrib/lisp/org-export-generic.el)
has a mediawiki setup. Never used it, so I don't know how well it works.

Nick