Hi, Thanks for the answer... I'll have a look at your links. However, since I wrote the email, I've seen the behavior occur without changing (at least voluntarily) the cursor position in the Org buffer... On 10/5/23 12:18, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Guillaume MULLER writes: > >> ... >> - Switch back to (Doom)Emacs ("window"/desktop) >> - Click inside the Emacs "window" to give it focus >> [Here is the problem: sometimes I forgot that I already started the org-insert-link] >> - Call org-insert-link >> - Paste the URL >> - Validate the link creation >> >> Then the link is inserted where I clicked last (to give focus to the Emacs "window"). > > By default, Emacs moves point to where you click. You can do the same > thing if you deliberately C-x o from the minibuffer. See 9.3 Editing in > the Minibuffer section of Emacs manual. > I see nothing wrong on the Org side. > >> Of course, the problem lies in my mistake of calling twice the org-insert-link method, but the behavior is very strange, and it took me some time to identify why my links were inserted at random places in my text. >> >> However, wouldn't it be possible to prevent it from the beginning by forbidding me to call org-insert-link twice, i.e. making it a singleton/atomic function (I don't see a UseCase where this could be useful to be able to call it inside itself, but maybe I'm wrong)? > > Check out 22.1 Mouse Commands for Editing section of Emacs manual. > `x-mouse-click-focus-ignore-position' might be something you want to > customize. > -- Guillaume MULLER Associate Professor, PhD Fayol Institue - ISI Department 🚪 #426 ☎ 04 77 42 02 71 🕸 https://www.mines-stetienne.fr 🧍= Physical Address = Espace Fauriel 29 Rue Pierre et Dominique Ponchardier 42100 Saint-Étienne 📬 = Postal Address = École des Mines de Saint-Étienne 158 cours Fauriel 42100 Saint-Étienne