* nbsp in latex export
@ 2009-05-26 13:06 Chris Gray
From: Chris Gray @ 2009-05-26 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I noticed in the org manual today that "`\nbsp' will become ` ' in
HTML and `~' in LaTeX."  Trying it out, that is not quite true: \nbsp
becomes $\nbsp$.  I would rather have the behaviour of the
documentation, but I was not implement it myself---I tried adding a
special case to `org-export-latex-treat-backslash-char', but it didn't
work.

Cheers,
Chris

* Re: nbsp in latex export
@ 2009-05-26 13:42 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-05-26 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Gray; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On May 26, 2009, at 3:06 PM, Chris Gray wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed in the org manual today that "`\nbsp' will become ` '
> in
> HTML and `~' in LaTeX."  Trying it out, that is not quite true: \nbsp
> becomes $\nbsp$.  I would rather have the behaviour of the
> documentation, but I was not implement it myself---I tried adding a
> special case to `org-export-latex-treat-backslash-char', but it didn't
> work.

It is easier to fix this by adding that macro to org-latex-entities
as well.

Fixed, thanks.

- Carsten

> Cheers,
> Chris

* Re: nbsp in latex export
@ 2009-05-26 14:15   ` Chris Gray
From: Chris Gray @ 2009-05-26 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik wrote:

> On May 26, 2009, at 3:06 PM, Chris Gray wrote:

>> Hi,

>> I noticed in the org manual today that "`\nbsp' will become ` '
>> in
>> HTML and `~' in LaTeX."  Trying it out, that is not quite true: \nbsp
>> becomes $\nbsp$.  I would rather have the behaviour of the
>> documentation, but I was not implement it myself---I tried adding a
>> special case to `org-export-latex-treat-backslash-char', but it didn't
>> work.

> Fixed, thanks.

The fix only seemed to let \nbsp go through without being changed.  I
would rather it was changed to ~, as in the docs, because \nbsp is not a
LaTeX command.

Cheers,
Chris

* Re: Re: nbsp in latex export
@ 2009-05-26 15:04     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-05-26 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Gray; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Please try again, thanks.

- Carsten

On May 26, 2009, at 4:15 PM, Chris Gray wrote:

> Carsten Dominik wrote:
>

>> On May 26, 2009, at 3:06 PM, Chris Gray wrote:
>
>>> Hi,
>
>>> I noticed in the org manual today that "`\nbsp' will become ` '
>>> in
>>> HTML and `~' in LaTeX."  Trying it out, that is not quite true:
>>> \nbsp
>>> becomes $\nbsp$.  I would rather have the behaviour of the
>>> documentation, but I was not implement it myself---I tried adding a
>>> special case to `org-export-latex-treat-backslash-char', but it
>>> didn't
>>> work.
>
>> Fixed, thanks.
>
> The fix only seemed to let \nbsp go through without being changed.  I
> would rather it was changed to ~, as in the docs, because \nbsp is
> not a
> LaTeX command.
>
> Cheers,
> Chris