* Problem logging state change for TODO's
@ 2009-02-09  7:53 Varnit Suri
From: Varnit Suri @ 2009-02-09  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello everyone,

I am a fairly new user of Org-mode, and I 'm using v6.20i. I read about
how to log a note each time I change the state of a TODO item
(http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/org/Tracking-TODO-st
ate-changes.html#Tracking-TODO-state-changes).

And I did both the things recommended in the link above. However, I am
not prompted for a note each time I change the task state, even when
going to done.

Am I missiing something? Sorry, can't figure this one out.

Thanks for your time.
Nick.

* Re: Problem logging state change for TODO's
@ 2009-02-09  9:46 ` Memnon Anon
From: Memnon Anon @ 2009-02-09  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Varnit Suri; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

"Varnit Suri" <vsuri@Brocade.COM> writes:

> I am a fairly new user of Org-mode, and I 'm using v6.20i. I read about
> how to log a note each time I change the state of a TODO item
> (http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/org/Tracking-TODO-st
> ate-changes.html#Tracking-TODO-state-changes).
[...]
> Am I missiing something? Sorry, can't figure this one out.

Just one thing: Org-Mode is developed very fast ;)

From your link: This manual is for Org-mode (version 4.67).
                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So, best to use the documentation that came with your version,
or, always the newest, that from orgmode.org.

hth.

Memnon

* Re: Problem logging state change for TODO's
@ 2009-02-09 10:15 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-09 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Varnit Suri; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I guess this must be because of

#+STARTUP: lognotestate

Try

#+STARTUP: logstate

instead.

- Carsten

@ 2009-02-09 12:09   ` Varnit Suri
From: Varnit Suri @ 2009-02-09 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Memnon Anon; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks! The instructions in org manual worked.

> I am a fairly new user of Org-mode, and I 'm using v6.20i. I read
about
> how to log a note each time I change the state of a TODO item

(http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/org/Tracking-TODO-st
> ate-changes.html#Tracking-TODO-state-changes).
[...]
> Am I missiing something? Sorry, can't figure this one out.

Just one thing: Org-Mode is developed very fast ;)

From your link: This manual is for Org-mode (version 4.67).