From: Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl>
To: Matthew Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Anchors/targets in org-export/publish
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 22:27:57 +0100	[thread overview]

On Nov 13, 2008, at 5:36 PM, Matthew Lundin wrote:

> Question about org-export:
>
> I'd like to create invisible radio targets to html anchor links using
> org-export.
>
> E.g.,
>
> # <<radiotarget>>
>
> should become
>
> <a name="radiotarget"></a>
>
> Currently, however, there are a couple of behaviors of org-exp.el that
> make this difficult.
>
> 1) Org-export does convert invisible targets, but it puts paragraph
> tags around the anchor, thus creating an empty line in the html
> export, which messes up the layout.

>         <a name="radiotarget">&nbsp;</a>

This actually only happens if you surround the anchor by empty
lines.  Put it directly before a paragraph, or inside one, and
this will not happen.

> 2) If the commented radio target is directly beneath or above a
> headline, it is not exported. I checked org-exp.el and this seems to
> be an intentional behavior. I'm not sure I understand the reasons
> behind this, as it prevents one from giving custom anchors to
> headlines.
>
> This is especially important if one wants to be able to create

This is now fixed, the invisible targets are added as empty anchors
to the headline that must be directly before or after the anchor.

On Nov 13, 2008, at 6:18 PM, Matthew Lundin wrote:

>>         <a name="radiotarget">&nbsp;</a>
>
> Quick follow up to my previous message. Would it be possible to remove
> the &nbsp above. That would prevent an extra line in the output, but
> it might render the link useless in some browsers.

Fixed as well, thanks.  I guess when I implemented this a long time
ago, I did not realize that empty anchors are allowed.

> (I should also apologize for the strong phrase "messes up."

Don't worry, no offense taken.

- Carsten