On 17.1.2016 22:42, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Václav Haisman writes: > >> * Testing output with non-breaking space >> >> This is to show issue with using Unicode’s non-breaking space character >> before formatted text. Org-mode does not parse the formatting if the >> non-breaking space is there. > > Org indeed doesn't give any special meaning to Unicode's characters. For > the time being you might want to tweak `org-emphasis-regexp-components'. > >> I am using the non-breaking space character because I export some Org >> documents using Pandoc into LaTeX to make a PDF. Pandoc then uses the >> ’~’ character in the generated LaTeX document. > > Out of curiosity, why do you need to go through Pandoc in order to > generate LaTeX code? I use the org-journal mode and each day has a different file. So I convert all of them together into a single LaTeX file using Pandoc which I further molest with a Perl script to produce a PDF. -- VH