Hi, Thanks for org, "the best tool in the world"! ;) (*) I have a simple org file (Linux / Emacs 27.1 + Doom): -------------- #+TITLE: Test pdf links + [[file:~/test.pdf][PDF 1]] -------------- When I click on the link with mouse1, the document is opened in Calibre. When I use mouse3, the document is opened in Emacs. I get a similar behavior with org-attached PDF documents: using 'o' will open them in Calibre, 'O' in Emacs. Such a behavior for mouse1/'o' raises 2 questions: - My OS settings are configured so that PDFs are opened in Evince. I configured this with "xfce4-settings-manager > Default Applications" (which runs "xfce4-mime-settings" under the hood) and it can be verified with "xdg-open test.pdf" or by opening Thunar and clicking on "test.pdf". So, where in the world does org-mode/Emacs finds that it should use Calibre instead of Evince? - Now, I would like to circumvent this global OS behavior, so that Emacs itself would be used specifically to open PDF links in files I open in Emacs. When I was using Vanilla Emacs, I was advised to use pdf-tools, and given a config that was working. I translated that into my DoomEmacs config.org as follows: (use-package! pdf-tools :magic ("%PDF" . pdf-view-mode) :config (pdf-tools-install :no-query) ) But apparently it does not override org's (default) behavior of opening PDF file with external tools. Is there Sorry for these (probably very) basic questions, but I could not find anything relevant on the web (or I haven't found the correct keywords...). I would be very grateful of any help! Have a nice Week end -- Guillaume MULLER