From: "David A. Gershman" <gershman@dagertech.net>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Need help with HTML export custom postamble
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 17:46:48 -0700	[thread overview]

On 08/31/2015 05:38 PM, Thomas S. Dye wrote:
> Aloha David,
>
> David A. Gershman <gershman@dagertech.net> writes:
>
>> So I finally was able to test out the C-c C-c.  It did ask me if I
>> wanted to apply and I said yes.  When I exported the file, my postamble
>> (as specified in the variable) was /not/ shown...it was still the default.
>>
>> Strangely, when I did C-c C-c, Emacs came back with this:
>>
>>> The local variables list in syllabus.org
>>> contains values that may not be safe (*).
>>> Do you want to apply it?  You can type
>>> y  -- to apply the local variables list.
>>> n  -- to ignore the local varialbes list.
>>> !  --  to apply.....
>>>
>>>    * org-html-postamble : t
>>>    * org-export-hml-postamble-format : "Hello World"
>> Notice the *'*'* warning not to be safe.  But the source .org file is
>> with '#' as it should be (seen further below).
>>
>> Thoughts?
> Yes, Emacs asks about safe local variables.  I read about this once in
> the Emacs manual and concluded that my use cases were all safe, so I
> just type "y".  I suspect you're in the same boat, but you might want to
> read the relevant section of the Emacs manual to be certain.
I, too, typed 'y' with no luck; and yeah, my use cases are safe as well.

> I just noticed that you're setting org-export-hml-postamble-format, but
> you probably want html instead of hml.
>
> hth,
> Tom

Sorry, that must have been a typo when transposing it into email (Emacs
didn't let me highlight to copy the text while the question was in the
buffer).   The actual .org file /is/ 'html'.

So by typing 'y', I'd expect to see "Hello World" in my
postamble...correct?  My seeing the default is still an error then.

Just to make sure all is understood, here is the entire .org file
(content shortened):

> # Last Updated: "2015-08-31 17:44:42"
> #+HTML_DOCTYPE: xhtml-strict
> #+HTML_CONTAINER: div
> #+HTML_HEAD:
> #+HTML_HEAD_EXTRA:
> #+AUTHOR: D. Gershman
> #+CREATOR: <a href="http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/">Emacs</a>
> 24.4.1 (<a href="http://orgmode.org">Org</a> mode 8.3.1)
> #+TITLE: CS 380 Syllabus
> #+LANGUAGE: en
>

> * David A. Gershman, CISSP
>   Office hours here
>
> * Course Description
>   Network architectures and standards. Layers and protocols. Circuit
>   switching, packet switching and routing. Client-server
>   concepts. Network security. Web computing. Privacy, intellectual
>   property rights and acceptable use. 4
>   lectures/problem-solving. Prerequisites: CS 241 and CS 264 with
>   grades of C or better, or consent of instructor.
>

> # Local Variables:
> # org-html-postamble: t
> # org-export-html-postamble-format: "Hello World"
> # End:
Either typing C-c C-c, or just opening the file will ask me about the
variables.  I answer 'y', but still get the default postamble.

Thanks.