So I finally was able to test out the C-c C-c. It did ask me if I wanted to apply and I said yes. When I exported the file, my postamble (as specified in the variable) was /not/ shown...it was still the default. Strangely, when I did C-c C-c, Emacs came back with this: > The local variables list in syllabus.org > contains values that may not be safe (*). > Do you want to apply it? You can type > y -- to apply the local variables list. > n -- to ignore the local varialbes list. > ! -- to apply..... > > * org-html-postamble : t > * org-export-hml-postamble-format : "Hello World" Notice the *'*'* warning not to be safe. But the source .org file is with '#' as it should be (seen further below). Thoughts? On 08/26/2015 11:19 PM, Thomas S. Dye wrote: >> Finally, I tried "Local variables"? Never did this before but attempted >> it and put: >> >>> # Local Variables: >>> # org-html-postamble: t >>> # org-export-html-postamble-format: "Hello World" >>> # End: >> in my .org file and still no luck. > After you add this to the .org file, you need to refresh the setup. I > do this by moving cursor to the top of the file (with all of the #+ > lines) and pressing C-c C-c. You should get a message asking if it is > OK to set local variables. Pressing y should set org-html-postamble and > org-export-html-postamble-format for that buffer. > > hth, > Tom >