The attached PNG files illustrate the problem, for two different cases: one without any notes under the heading, and one with notes under the heading. Kevin S. Van Horn, Ph.D. | Principal Engineer D: 801.290.3823 | Salt Lake City Office (Mountain Time) -----Original Message----- From: Bastien Guerry [mailto:bastienguerry@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Bastien Sent: Friday, May 23, 2014 10:24 PM To: Kevin Van Horn Cc: 'emacs-orgmode@gnu.org' Subject: Re: M- does not work as described in the manual Hi Kevin, Kevin Van Horn writes: > I also see this with GNU Emacs 24.2.1, same org-mode version, still > Windows 7, but a different machine. I tested again carefully, with Org-mode release_8.2.6-22-gb11b4a (the exact same version as yours) and could not reproduce the problem. This version has one problem: not inserting the right level headline when converting a non-headline line into a headline, when point is at the beginning of a line. But when point is at the beginning of a headline, the inserted headline goes above it, not after it. If you can, please make a small screencast demonstrating the issue together with M-x org-version RET in it. Thanks, -- St Thomas