* Arrow keys in agenda view
@ 2009-10-21 12:34 Marco
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Marco @ 2009-10-21 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear List,

First of all I wanna thank Carsten and all of you contributors for
this amazing tool. Then, my problem ;)

Sometimes I use the agenda view in org-mode, but with at least the new
version when I try C-a a, then I am not able anymore to navigate to
the next/previous day or week using the arrow keys, as it did in the
previous versions. Is this a new feature I missed or a bug somewhere
(not possible that this only hit me!) or again could it be related to
my own configuration (no fancy stuff in my .emacs though)?

I cannot tell when (from which version) it began to behave like this.
I am on GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
2.16.5), archlinux, with org-mode 6.31a.

Greetings,
Marco

* Re: Arrow keys in agenda view
@ 2009-10-21 13:42 ` Stephan Schmitt
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Stephan Schmitt @ 2009-10-21 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Marco,

try 'f' and 'b'.

hth,
	Stephan

Marco wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> First of all I wanna thank Carsten and all of you contributors for
> this amazing tool. Then, my problem ;)
>
> Sometimes I use the agenda view in org-mode, but with at least the new
> version when I try C-a a, then I am not able anymore to navigate to
> the next/previous day or week using the arrow keys, as it did in the
> previous versions. Is this a new feature I missed or a bug somewhere
> (not possible that this only hit me!) or again could it be related to
> my own configuration (no fancy stuff in my .emacs though)?
>
> I cannot tell when (from which version) it began to behave like this.
> I am on GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
> 2.16.5), archlinux, with org-mode 6.31a.
>
> Greetings,
> Marco

Stephan Schmitt

Neural Information Processing Group
Fac. IV - Electrical Engineering
        & Computer Science
Berlin University of Technology

Office: +49 30 - 314 24 158
Mobile: +49 179 - 593 84 48
Email:
  echo 'drmabuse at cs x tu-berlin x de' \
  | sed -e 's/ x /\./g' -e 's/ at /@/'

* Re: Arrow keys in agenda view
@ 2009-10-21 13:57 ` Carsten Dominik
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-10-21 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Marco,

please see the release notes at

http://orgmode.org/Changes.html#sec-2.2.2

- Carsten

On Oct 21, 2009, at 2:34 PM, Marco wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> First of all I wanna thank Carsten and all of you contributors for
> this amazing tool. Then, my problem ;)
>
> Sometimes I use the agenda view in org-mode, but with at least the new
> version when I try C-a a, then I am not able anymore to navigate to
> the next/previous day or week using the arrow keys, as it did in the
> previous versions. Is this a new feature I missed or a bug somewhere
> (not possible that this only hit me!) or again could it be related to
> my own configuration (no fancy stuff in my .emacs though)?
>
> I cannot tell when (from which version) it began to behave like this.
> I am on GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
> 2.16.5), archlinux, with org-mode 6.31a.
>
> Greetings,
> Marco

- Carsten

* Re: Arrow keys in agenda view
@ 2009-10-21 14:31 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2009-10-21 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Marco <domanov@gmail.com> writes:

> Sometimes I use the agenda view in org-mode, but with at least the new
> version when I try C-a a, then I am not able anymore to navigate to
> the next/previous day or week using the arrow keys, as it did in the
> previous versions. Is this a new feature I missed or a bug somewhere
> (not possible that this only hit me!) or again could it be related to
> my own configuration (no fancy stuff in my .emacs though)?

These commands have changed to "f" (forward) and "b" (back) so as to
free up the cursor keys for normal motion.

You can find an up-to-date list of agenda commands here:

http://orgmode.org/manual/Agenda-commands.html#Agenda-commands

Best,
Matt

* Re: Arrow keys in agenda view
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-10-21 14:37 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-10-21 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Marco <domanov@gmail.com> writes:

> Sometimes I use the agenda view in org-mode, but with at least the new
> version when I try C-a a, then I am not able anymore to navigate to
> the next/previous day or week using the arrow keys, as it did in the
> previous versions. Is this a new feature I missed or a bug somewhere
> (not possible that this only hit me!) or again could it be related to
> my own configuration (no fancy stuff in my .emacs though)?

This was changed from arrows keys left and right to b and f respectively
for moving backward and forwards through the calendar.  The arrow keys
now navigate around the agenda.

There was a discussion about this on this mailing list prior to
implementing the change.

-Bernt

* Re: Arrow keys in agenda view
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-10-21 14:37 ` Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira @ 2009-10-21 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

This was changed in version 6.30.  Org now uses "f" and "b" to go forward and
back in time in order to allow cursor motion in the agenda. See this
http://orgmode.org/Changes.html#sec-2.1

follow-mode is now activated with "F" (it was "f" before)

Darlan

At Wed, 21 Oct 2009 14:34:56 +0200,
Marco <domanov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> First of all I wanna thank Carsten and all of you contributors for
> this amazing tool. Then, my problem ;)
>
> Sometimes I use the agenda view in org-mode, but with at least the new
> version when I try C-a a, then I am not able anymore to navigate to
> the next/previous day or week using the arrow keys, as it did in the
> previous versions. Is this a new feature I missed or a bug somewhere
> (not possible that this only hit me!) or again could it be related to
> my own configuration (no fancy stuff in my .emacs though)?
>
> I cannot tell when (from which version) it began to behave like this.
> I am on GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
> 2.16.5), archlinux, with org-mode 6.31a.
>
> Greetings,
> Marco

* Re: Arrow keys in agenda view
@ 2009-10-21 15:47   ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2009-10-21 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear List,

>> Is this a new feature I missed or a bug somewhere

> please see the release notes at
> http://orgmode.org/Changes.html#sec-2.2.2

> You can find an up-to-date list of agenda commands here:
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Agenda-commands.html#Agenda-commands

> This was changed in version 6.30.  Org now uses "f" and "b" to go forward and
> back in time in order to allow cursor motion in the agenda. See this
> http://orgmode.org/Changes.html#sec-2.1

My bad, I did not catch this discussion. Sorry for taking your time.

And thanks a lot again!