emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* Bug: org-cycle on list at the end of buffer
@ 2009-02-10 19:50 Wanrong Lin
       [not found] ` <b71b18520902101841w52e8dec9m52d5b5ff93f53458@mail.gmail.com>
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Wanrong Lin @ 2009-02-10 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode Mailinglist

Hi,

I have "org-cycle-include-plain-lists" set to t. In the following 
example, the text is at the very end of an org-mode buffer. If I put my 
cursor on the line of "item 1" and press "TAB" key, the cycling does not 
work. But if I add another list item after "item 1", the cycling now 
works (of course now the "item 2" does not work). I am using Emacs 22.3 
and org-mode 6.22a. Looks like a bug. Thank you if somebody can look 
into this.

* Test
  1. item 1
     abc, xyz, whatever

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: Bug: org-cycle on list at the end of buffer
       [not found] ` <b71b18520902101841w52e8dec9m52d5b5ff93f53458@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2009-02-11 15:51   ` Wanrong Lin
  2009-02-12  3:33     ` Eddward DeVilla
  2009-02-15 20:34     ` Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Wanrong Lin @ 2009-02-11 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode list; +Cc: Eddward DeVilla


Thanks for your response. Yes, this is a minor annoyance and can be 
worked around as you did. But maybe it is just a snap for Carsten or 
others to fix it (seems the case for most of the bugs. Sorry, you guys 
really raised up our expectations.). I thought if we keep silent, the 
developers will never know. Also, the point of using org-mode is you 
won't get as much as attraction as other mouse-driven, window-popping  
applications. If the number of small annoyances increases, that 
advantage will decrease rapidly, in my opinion. That's why I seems to be 
fussy on those small things.

Wanrong

Eddward DeVilla wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Wanrong Lin <wanrong.lin@gmail.com> wrote:
>   
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have "org-cycle-include-plain-lists" set to t. In the following example,
>> the text is at the very end of an org-mode buffer. If I put my cursor on the
>> line of "item 1" and press "TAB" key, the cycling does not work. But if I
>> add another list item after "item 1", the cycling now works (of course now
>> the "item 2" does not work). I am using Emacs 22.3 and org-mode 6.22a. Looks
>> like a bug. Thank you if somebody can look into this.
>>
>> * Test
>>  1. item 1
>>    abc, xyz, whatever
>>     
>
> I'm seeing this with org 2.20c & 22.3.1.  I've seen this break and
> work periodically.  I tend to avoid it by having a heading at the
> bottom of the file like:
>
> * Test
>  1. item 1
>    abc, xyz, whatever
>  2. foo
>     bar
>
> * baz
>
> Most of my real documents have an archive heading at the bottom the
> completed items get moved to, so I haven't been too annoyed with it
> recently.  I've gathered that org-cycle-include-plain-lists isn't very
> common.
>
> Edd
>   

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: Bug: org-cycle on list at the end of buffer
  2009-02-11 15:51   ` Wanrong Lin
@ 2009-02-12  3:33     ` Eddward DeVilla
  2009-02-15 20:34     ` Carsten Dominik
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Eddward DeVilla @ 2009-02-12  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wanrong Lin; +Cc: org-mode list

I'm not calling fussy.  I just meant to say I've seen it break
repeatedly.  If more people use the feature then it will probably be
better maintained.  That's great!  I've just changed my behaviour such
that I don't notice it any more.  I didn't mean to make it sound like
you shouldn't bring it up.  Sorry.

Edd

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Wanrong Lin <wanrong.lin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for your response. Yes, this is a minor annoyance and can be worked
> around as you did. But maybe it is just a snap for Carsten or others to fix
> it (seems the case for most of the bugs. Sorry, you guys really raised up
> our expectations.). I thought if we keep silent, the developers will never
> know. Also, the point of using org-mode is you won't get as much as
> attraction as other mouse-driven, window-popping  applications. If the
> number of small annoyances increases, that advantage will decrease rapidly,
> in my opinion. That's why I seems to be fussy on those small things.
>
> Wanrong
>
> Eddward DeVilla wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Wanrong Lin <wanrong.lin@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have "org-cycle-include-plain-lists" set to t. In the following
>>> example,
>>> the text is at the very end of an org-mode buffer. If I put my cursor on
>>> the
>>> line of "item 1" and press "TAB" key, the cycling does not work. But if I
>>> add another list item after "item 1", the cycling now works (of course
>>> now
>>> the "item 2" does not work). I am using Emacs 22.3 and org-mode 6.22a.
>>> Looks
>>> like a bug. Thank you if somebody can look into this.
>>>
>>> * Test
>>>  1. item 1
>>>   abc, xyz, whatever
>>>
>>
>> I'm seeing this with org 2.20c & 22.3.1.  I've seen this break and
>> work periodically.  I tend to avoid it by having a heading at the
>> bottom of the file like:
>>
>> * Test
>>  1. item 1
>>   abc, xyz, whatever
>>  2. foo
>>    bar
>>
>> * baz
>>
>> Most of my real documents have an archive heading at the bottom the
>> completed items get moved to, so I haven't been too annoyed with it
>> recently.  I've gathered that org-cycle-include-plain-lists isn't very
>> common.
>>
>> Edd
>>
>
>

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: Bug: org-cycle on list at the end of buffer
  2009-02-11 15:51   ` Wanrong Lin
  2009-02-12  3:33     ` Eddward DeVilla
@ 2009-02-15 20:34     ` Carsten Dominik
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-15 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wanrong Lin; +Cc: Eddward DeVilla, org-mode list


On Feb 11, 2009, at 4:51 PM, Wanrong Lin wrote:

>
> Thanks for your response. Yes, this is a minor annoyance and can be  
> worked around as you did. But maybe it is just a snap for Carsten or  
> others to fix it (seems the case for most of the bugs. Sorry, you  
> guys really raised up our expectations.). I thought if we keep  
> silent, the developers will never know. Also, the point of using org- 
> mode is you won't get as much as attraction as other mouse-driven,  
> window-popping  applications. If the number of small annoyances  
> increases, that advantage will decrease rapidly, in my opinion.


You make it sound as if we are on a path to more small  
annoyances.... :-)

Well, this one is gone.

Thanks.

- Carsten


> That's why I seems to be fussy on those small things.
>
> Wanrong
>
> Eddward DeVilla wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Wanrong Lin  
>> <wanrong.lin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have "org-cycle-include-plain-lists" set to t. In the following  
>>> example,
>>> the text is at the very end of an org-mode buffer. If I put my  
>>> cursor on the
>>> line of "item 1" and press "TAB" key, the cycling does not work.  
>>> But if I
>>> add another list item after "item 1", the cycling now works (of  
>>> course now
>>> the "item 2" does not work). I am using Emacs 22.3 and org-mode  
>>> 6.22a. Looks
>>> like a bug. Thank you if somebody can look into this.
>>>
>>> * Test
>>> 1. item 1
>>>   abc, xyz, whatever
>>>
>>
>> I'm seeing this with org 2.20c & 22.3.1.  I've seen this break and
>> work periodically.  I tend to avoid it by having a heading at the
>> bottom of the file like:
>>
>> * Test
>> 1. item 1
>>   abc, xyz, whatever
>> 2. foo
>>    bar
>>
>> * baz
>>
>> Most of my real documents have an archive heading at the bottom the
>> completed items get moved to, so I haven't been too annoyed with it
>> recently.  I've gathered that org-cycle-include-plain-lists isn't  
>> very
>> common.
>>
>> Edd
>>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Emacs-orgmode mailing list
> Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2009-02-15 20:34 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 4+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2009-02-10 19:50 Bug: org-cycle on list at the end of buffer Wanrong Lin
     [not found] ` <b71b18520902101841w52e8dec9m52d5b5ff93f53458@mail.gmail.com>
2009-02-11 15:51   ` Wanrong Lin
2009-02-12  3:33     ` Eddward DeVilla
2009-02-15 20:34     ` Carsten Dominik

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).