* org-html-h
@ 2015-01-26 20:36 Sébastien Brisard
From: Sébastien Brisard @ 2015-01-26 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,
my blog (sbrisard.github.io) is entirely written with org-mode. Org-mode
offers everything I need, except for one minor detail. It is very
difficult to include the same CSS file in the html-head of several files
located at various levels of the directory hierarchy.
I do not really like this trick
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-publish-html-tutorial.html#sec-6.
For the time being, I configured several projects (one for each level),
see https://github.com/sbrisard/blog/blob/master/sb-blog.el. But I am
not happy with this solution either.
I think that it would be great if org-html-head and org-html-head-extra
behaved as org-html-preamble and org-html-postamble, which can be set to
either a string, or a function. This offers great flexibility for the
configuration of the pre/postamble (I use it to conditionnaly include
DISQUS comments in the postamble).
Would it be possible to mimick the same behavior with org-html-head and
org-html-head-extra? Or would this be too much work?

Thanks for your thoughts,
Sébastien

* Binding org-html-head to a function?
@ 2015-01-26 20:40 ` Sébastien Brisard
From: Sébastien Brisard @ 2015-01-26 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[...]

* Re: org-html-h
@ 2015-01-26 20:50 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-01-26 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sébastien,

Sébastien Brisard <sebastien.brisard@m4x.org> writes:

> my blog (sbrisard.github.io) is entirely written with
> org-mode.

Looks pretty.

> Org-mode offers everything I need, except for one minor
> detail. It is very difficult to include the same CSS file in the
> html-head of several files located at various levels of the directory
> hierarchy.
> I do not really like this trick
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-publish-html-tutorial.html#sec-6. For
> the time being, I configured several projects (one for each level),
> see https://github.com/sbrisard/blog/blob/master/sb-blog.el. But I am
> not happy with this solution either.
> I think that it would be great if org-html-head and
> org-html-head-extra behaved as org-html-preamble and
> org-html-postamble, which can be set to either a string, or a
> function. This offers great flexibility for the configuration of the
> pre/postamble (I use it to conditionnaly include DISQUS comments in
> the postamble).
> Would it be possible to mimick the same behavior with org-html-head
> and org-html-head-extra? Or would this be too much work?

You could use macros:

#+MACRO: my-style (eval (concat "#+HTML_HEAD_EXTRA: " (if t "<style></>" "<no-style></>")))
{{{my-style}}}

But for this problem you could just the absolute path to the CSS:
    http://my.url/theme.css, I guess.

Preferably via ox-publish.

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
May the Force be with you

* Re: Binding org-html-head to a function?
@ 2015-01-31 13:22 Sébastien Brisard
From: Sébastien Brisard @ 2015-01-31 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rasmus,
> Hi Sébastien,
>
> Sébastien Brisard <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >/  my blog (sbrisard.github.io) is entirely written with/
> >/  org-mode./
>
> Looks pretty.
Thanks!

> >/  Org-mode offers everything I need, except for one minor/
> >/  detail. It is very difficult to include the same CSS file in the/
> >/  html-head of several files located at various levels of the directory/
> >/  hierarchy./
> >/  I do not really like this trick/
> >/  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-publish-html-tutorial.html#sec-6./
> >/  For/
> >/  the time being, I configured several projects (one for each level),/
> >/  seehttps://github.com/sbrisard/blog/blob/master/sb-blog.el. But I am/
> >/  not happy with this solution either./
> >/  I think that it would be great if org-html-head and/
> >/  org-html-head-extra behaved as org-html-preamble and/
> >/  org-html-postamble, which can be set to either a string, or a/
> >/  function. This offers great flexibility for the configuration of the/
> >/  pre/postamble (I use it to conditionnaly include DISQUS comments in/
> >/  the postamble)./
> >/  Would it be possible to mimick the same behavior with org-html-head/
> >/  and org-html-head-extra? Or would this be too much work?/
>
> You could use macros:
>
> #+MACRO: my-style (eval (concat "#+HTML_HEAD_EXTRA: " (if t "<style></>"
> "<no-style></>")))
> {{{my-style}}}
>
> But for this problem you could just the absolute path to the CSS:
>      http://my.url/theme.css, I guess.
>
> Preferably via ox-publish.
Yeah, I thought about that, but this would not be very practical, as I
am still fidling around with the style sheet a lot. With this solution,
I would need to commit any minor change.
> Hope it helps,
> Rasmus
I still think that having org-html-head and org-html-head-extra behave
like org-html-preamble and org-html-postamble would be a great addition,
which would offer a lot of flexibility (beyond the use-case listed here).

Best regards,
Sébastien