* [OT] org-caldav and radicale
@ 2015-01-19  4:05 Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2015-01-19  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm finally getting around to trying to have an Org-generated calendar
available on my Android tablet. I looked at a few caldav servers, and
settled on Radicale as looking like about the right level of
usability/configurability.

I don't think I'm doing it right, and can't find any examples online.
Can someone who's doing this (I know there are some of you) just show me
the basic configuration? Specifically, how do I create a new calendar on
the server, and how do I refer to it? My Radicale config has this:

[storage]
type = filesystem
filesystem_folder = /home/eric/apps/cal/collections

If I touch a file called "eric" in the "collections" directory, and then
access the server via HTTP (ie http://cal.myserver.com/eric), the file
is correctly served as an (empty) calendar and downloaded by my browser.

How do I get org-caldav to mesh with that? I thought this would do it:

(setq org-caldav-url "http://cal.myserver.com")
(setq org-caldav-calendar-id "eric")

But when I call `org-caldav-sync' it first collects all the headings
it's supposed to, and then gives me:

org-caldav-get-event-etag-list: Error while getting eventlist from
http://cal.myserver.com/eric/. Got status code: 207.

If I run it again, it offers to delete all the relevant Org headings.

I suspect I've just got something configured wrong, but can't think of
what. Any pointers?

Thanks!
Eric