From: Simon Thum <simon.thum@gmx.de>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [OT] org-caldav and radicale
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 21:59:47 +0100	[thread overview]

On 01/19/2015 05:05 AM, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
> I'm finally getting around to trying to have an Org-generated calendar
> available on my Android tablet. I looked at a few caldav servers, and
> settled on Radicale as looking like about the right level of
> usability/configurability.
>
> I don't think I'm doing it right, and can't find any examples online.
> Can someone who's doing this (I know there are some of you) just show me
> the basic configuration? Specifically, how do I create a new calendar on
> the server, and how do I refer to it? My Radicale config has this:

Well I just put it on my server over http/DAV and have it
auto-regenerate from org (happens to be in git on the same machine)
using a script. But even if you generate locally and push, the following
might help you:

export bash script:

# export ical via org (funnyly, the X.org-trick causes harm here)
echo ">>> exporting iCalendar..."
emacs -batch -l ~/.emacs.d/init.el -l ~/bin/ical-export-3.el --kill

echo ">>> done with export."

export elisp script:

;; export icalendar using new icalendar exporter
(require 'ox-icalendar)

; remove-if and friends
(require 'cl)

; inhibit source block execution during export
(setq org-export-babel-evaluate nil)

;; TODO check this TZ (also if to give decimal 47 (solidus) prefix)
(setq org-icalendar-timezone "Europe/Berlin")

;; while this violates iCal (missing VTIMEZONE), it is the nicest of
options for my setup
(setq org-icalendar-date-time-format ";TZID=%Z:%Y%m%dT%H%M%S")

;; Mins alarm
(setq org-icalendar-alarm-time 15)

;; use inhertited tags for iCal categories (add TODO state?)
(setq org-icalendar-categories '(all-tags))

;; target file
(setq org-icalendar-combined-agenda-file "~/org-export/all.ics")

; create sumo "all.ics" iCal
(org-icalendar-combine-agenda-files)

; create one without external stuff; sadly tags cannot yet be used
(let (
       (org-agenda-files (remove-if (lambda (f) (string-match "external"
f)) (org-agenda-files)))
       (org-icalendar-combined-agenda-file "~/org-export/org-native.ics")
       )
   (org-icalendar-combine-agenda-files)
   )

The last part (without external) is only relevant if you have external
calendars represented in org that you do not neccessarily want
re-represented in the ical. Anyway, tweak as neccessary.

HTH,

Simon