From: Christophe Schockaert <R3vLibre@citadels.eu>
To: Angel de Vicente <angel.vicente.garrido@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: org-super-agenda global list of TODO items
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 21:55:05 +0200	[thread overview]

On 2022-09-13 20:55, Angel de Vicente wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> This looks correct. The only suspicious group is the one with
>> :time-grid. Time grid is not supported in todo list by vanilla
>> org-agenda. I am not sure how well org-super-agenda handles it.
>>
>> I'd try to remove the "Schedule" group for TODO agenda. If it helps
>> the
>> situation, you may consider reporting the issue to org-super-agenda
>> author at https://github.com/alphapapa/org-super-agenda/
>
> thanks for the help. It turns out that this was already an issue in
> org-super-agenda
> (https://github.com/alphapapa/org-super-agenda/issues/212). User
> tuh8888
> provided a possible fix
> (https://github.com/alphapapa/org-super-agenda/pull/221), which has not
> been accepted yet since apparently perhaps it can break other things,
> but in my case it looks like it is working just fine, so I'll risk it
> :-)
>
> Cheers,

Hi,

Thank you for pointing this bug report.
I encountered the same myself, but if I remember correctly, I went
through it another way, so I was not sure it was expected to work this
way.

If I am right (I am playing with the config, it’s not in my daily setup
yet for now), I could achieve this by defining
"org-agenda-custom-commands" as shown in the "Projects" example :
https://github.com/alphapapa/org-super-agenda/blob/master/examples.org#projects.

In that case, "org-super-agenda-groups" is defined differently according
to the context, so the "time-grid" captures the timed entries in its
scope. Then, "org-super-agenda-groups" applies to the TODOs in the
"todo" or "alltodo" context (I used the latter one) where I don’t define
the "time-grid" selection. Or, maybe I applied it to the "alltodo" only,
and discarded it for the agenda grid to work only on the TODOs. I don’t
remember exactly, however this might be a workaround to try that does
not need an update of the code, especially if it is not expected to be
stable and supported by the author.

Sincerely,

Christophe

--
--------------->  https://www.citadels.earth
Once it's perfectly aimed, the flying arrow goes straight to its target.