* creating a list from an R source block
@ 2012-09-04 16:42 Greg Tucker-Kellogg
From: Greg Tucker-Kellogg @ 2012-09-04 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Creating a list in Org from a Ruby Array is trivial

#+BEGIN_SRC ruby :exports results :results value list
["x" , "y", "z" ]
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
- x
- y
- z

But trying the same thing from R gives a surprising (to me) result

#+BEGIN_SRC R :exports results :results value list
c("x","y","z")
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
- ("x")
- ("y")
- ("z")

removing the list header creates a table, but there seems to be no straightforward way in R to create a list of elements that is treated by Org as a list.  Am I missing something?

Greg

* Re: creating a list from an R source block
@ 2012-09-04 16:55 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2012-09-04 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Tucker-Kellogg; +Cc: Org Mode List

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Greg Tucker-Kellogg
<gtuckerkellogg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Creating a list in Org from a Ruby Array is trivial
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC ruby :exports results :results value list
> ["x" , "y", "z" ]
> #+END_SRC
>
> #+RESULTS:
> - x
> - y
> - z
>

> But trying the same thing from R gives a surprising (to me) result
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC R :exports results :results value list
> c("x","y","z")
> #+END_SRC
>
> #+RESULTS:
> - ("x")
> - ("y")
> - ("z")

Clunky, perhaps, but this works:

#+BEGIN_SRC R :exports results :results output org
a <- c("x","y","z")
cat(paste("-", a), sep="\n")

#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
#+BEGIN_ORG
- x
- y
- z
#+END_ORG

Best regards,
John

@ 2012-09-04 22:43   ` Greg Tucker-Kellogg
From: Greg Tucker-Kellogg @ 2012-09-04 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: Org Mode List

Thanks, that works.  But does this count as a bug in ob-R?

Greg