a couple of weeks ago I decided I would use emacs for my spreadsheets. I first tried with `ses`, then I was pointed at the spreadsheet capabilities of org-mode. but I also needed to see a graph representation of the data. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26614536/ tables in org-mode work really nice, but I wanted the resulting graph in an emacs buffer, and in svg format. so I first ask the developer of gnuplot-mode about it and we (well, actually _he_) came with a couple of small edits that permit this. https://github.com/bruceravel/gnuplot-mode/issues/20 during the process we found two spots in org-plot/gnuplot that we think are in need of editing. one is relative to the cleaning up of the temporary files. the other is relative to killing (or not) the gnuplot process. the patches are attached. the discussion is in the issue:20 of https://github.com/bruceravel/gnuplot-mode/ MF