* Exporter dispatcher bug?
@ 2014-09-24 17:11 Charles Millar
From: Charles Millar @ 2014-09-24 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Have I missed an announcement?

Today, using C-c C-e, the dispatcher shows only the LaTeX and Publisher
options.

I tried M-x org-export-dispatch and HTML was also included.

i have exited emacs and restarted - same results.

Org-mode version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-400-g200eeb @
c:/cygwin/home/Charlie01/.elisp/org-mode/lisp/)

GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.0.6002) of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN

Windows Vista SP2

Charlie Millar

---

* Re: Exporter dispatcher bug?
@ 2014-09-24 19:07 ` Brady Trainor
From: Brady Trainor @ 2014-09-24 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Charles Millar <millarc@verizon.net> writes:

> Today, using C-c C-e, the dispatcher shows only the LaTeX and
> Publisher options.

What is the result C-h v org-export-backends?

Brady

* Re: Exporter dispatcher bug?
@ 2014-09-24 20:28   ` Charles Millar
From: Charles Millar @ 2014-09-24 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Brady Trainor wrote:
> Charles Millar <millarc@verizon.net> writes:
>
>> Today, using C-c C-e, the dispatcher shows only the LaTeX and
>> Publisher options.
>>
> What is the result C-h v org-export-backends?

-- snip --
Its value is (ascii html icalendar latex)
-- snip --

Charlie

---

* Re: Exporter dispatcher bug?
@ 2014-09-24 22:48     ` Brady Trainor
From: Brady Trainor @ 2014-09-24 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Charles Millar <millarc@verizon.net> writes:

> Brady Trainor wrote:
>> Charles Millar <millarc@verizon.net> writes:
>>
>>> Today, using C-c C-e, the dispatcher shows only the LaTeX and
>>> Publisher options.
>>>
>> What is the result C-h v org-export-backends?
>>
> -- snip --
> Its value is (ascii html icalendar latex)
> -- snip --
>
> Charlie

Looks normal! Wild guess, had to try :)

Brady

* Re: Exporter dispatcher bug?
@ 2014-09-25  0:39       ` Charles Berry
From: Charles Berry @ 2014-09-25  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Brady Trainor <algebrat <at> uw.edu> writes:

> Charles Millar <millarc <at> verizon.net> writes:
>
> > Brady Trainor wrote:

> >> What is the result C-h v org-export-backends?
> >>
> > -- snip --
> > Its value is (ascii html icalendar latex)
> > -- snip --
> >
> > Charlie
>
> Looks normal! Wild guess, had to try :)

I think you want to check

(mapcar 'org-export-backend-name org-export--registered-backends)

to see what backends are actually available to the export dispatcher.

and  (mapcar 'org-export-backend-menu org-export--registered-backends)

to see what menu options should be there.

HTH,

Chuck

* Re: Exporter dispatcher bug?
@ 2014-09-25 13:43         ` Charles Millar
From: Charles Millar @ 2014-09-25 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Berry, Brady Trainor, emacs-orgmode

Brady and Charles and all,

Thanks for your suggestions.

The following is rather long-winded.

Charles Berry wrote:
> Brady Trainor <algebrat <at> uw.edu> writes:
>

>> Charles Millar <millarc <at> verizon.net> writes:

>>> -- snip --
>>> Its value is (ascii html icalendar latex)
>>> -- snip --
>>>
>>> Charlie
>> Looks normal! Wild guess, had to try :)
>>
> I think you want to check
>
> (mapcar 'org-export-backend-name org-export--registered-backends)
>
> to see what backends are actually available to the export dispatcher.
>
> and  (mapcar 'org-export-backend-menu org-export--registered-backends)
>
> to see what menu options should be there.
>
> HTH,
>
> Chuck

I found (mapcar 'org-export-backend-menu
org-export--registered-backends); however (mapcar
'org-export-backend-name org-export--registered-backends) does not exist
in my ox.el.
On my Linux learning machine (Jessie, same org version) the dispatcher
is fine. However there appears to be no (mapcar 'org-export-backend-name
org-export--registered-backends)

In the meantime, I did my regular org update and still have the same
problem. The dispatcher (on my Vista machine) shows the toggled options
at the top and bottom. In between the LaTeX and Publish backends with
options are shown, but no others. (There has not been a problem with the
toggled options)

So I did M-x org-export-to-[tab] which gave

Possible completions are:
org-ascii-export-to-ascii     org-beamer-export-to-latex
org-beamer-export-to-pdf     org-bibtex-export-to-kill-ring
org-html-export-to-html     org-icalendar-export-to-ics
org-latex-export-to-latex     org-latex-export-to-pdf
org-md-export-to-markdown     org-odt-export-to-odt
org-org-export-to-org

I decided to choose ascii, which reported an export to a txt file (did
not check it out). After that the ascii backend had been loaded into the
dispatcher as well as the LaTeX and Publish.

I did a M-x org-export-to-html, which reported an export to html; the
dispatcher now had ascii, html, LaTeX and Publish

@ 2014-09-25 15:36           ` Charles C. Berry
From: Charles C. Berry @ 2014-09-25 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Millar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Brady Trainor

On Thu, 25 Sep 2014, Charles Millar wrote:

> Brady and Charles and all,
>
> Thanks for your suggestions.
>
> The following is rather long-winded.
>
> Charles Berry wrote:
>> Brady Trainor <algebrat <at> uw.edu> writes:

[snip]

>> I think you want to check
>>
>> (mapcar 'org-export-backend-name org-export--registered-backends)
>>
>> to see what backends are actually available to the export dispatcher.

> On my Linux learning machine (Jessie, same org version) the dispatcher is
> fine. However there appears to be no (mapcar 'org-export-backend-name
> org-export--registered-backends)

What I meant was:

You should eval

(mapcar 'org-export-backend-name org-export--registered-backends)

to see what backends are available to the dispatcher.

If you copy that line into an emacs buffer (like *scratch*), put point
after it and type C-x C-e, you will see the backend names listed in the
minibuffer and the *Messages* buffer.

This list *ought to* correspond to `org-export-backends'. If it does not
there is a hiccup or unusual customization in your setup - more digging
might be needed.

If it does correspond, then use the customize menu to reset
`org-export-backends' to your desired value and save the change as you
need it.

HTH,

Chuck

* Re: Exporter dispatcher bug?
@ 2014-09-25 15:58             ` Charles Millar
From: Charles Millar @ 2014-09-25 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles C. Berry, emacs-orgmode

> What I meant was:
>
> You should eval
>
> (mapcar 'org-export-backend-name org-export--registered-backends)
>
> to see what backends are available to the dispatcher.
>
> If you copy that line into an emacs buffer (like *scratch*), put point
> after it and type C-x C-e, you will see the backend names listed in
> the minibuffer and the *Messages* buffer.

Same results as C-c C-e; only LaTeX and Publish are listed.
> This list *ought to* correspond to `org-export-backends'. If it does
> not there is a hiccup or unusual customization in your setup - more
> digging might be needed.

I suspect my set up and perhaps  more specifically a Cygwin problem. I
update org via Cygwin.

Just before receiving your most recent reply I commented out everything
in my .emacs/init.el file, except for

(add-to-list 'load-path "c:/cygwin/home/Charlie01/.elisp/org-mode/lisp")

(add-to-list 'load-path
"c:/cygwin/home/Charlie01/.elisp/org-mode/contrib/lisp")

Instead of just eval-buffer, i restarted emacs. C-c C-e only listed
Publisher, not even LaTeX
> If it does correspond, then use the customize menu to reset
> `org-export-backends' to your desired value and save the change as you
> need it.

will give it a try.
> HTH,
>
> Chuck