* What happened to clocktable in pdf export?
@ 2014-04-25 14:07 Buddy Butterfly
From: Buddy Butterfly @ 2014-04-25 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

what happened to the pdf export of clocktables?
After the upgrade to Ubuntu 13.10 (emacs 24.3.1),
the clocktable export looks ugly as hell. With
the latex headers aligne=l|r etc. and the indentation
in the clocktable I got a very nice export before.
The lines where also indented and I had vertical
separators for the columns.

Now, in the new version I get "----" in the PDF
for the indentation (\_) and there are not separator
lines between columns.

What changed? Is it just configuration or did change
completely?

Cheers,
Matt

* Re: What happened to clocktable in pdf export?
@ 2014-04-28  9:30 ` Buddy Butterfly
From: Buddy Butterfly @ 2014-04-28  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am 25.04.2014 16:07, schrieb Buddy Butterfly:

> Hi,
>
> what happened to the pdf export of clocktables?
> After the upgrade to Ubuntu 13.10 (emacs 24.3.1),
> the clocktable export looks ugly as hell. With
> the latex headers aligne=l|r etc. and the indentation
> in the clocktable I got a very nice export before.
> The lines where also indented and I had vertical
> separators for the columns.
>
> Now, in the new version I get "----" in the PDF
> for the indentation (\_) and there are not separator
> lines between columns.
>
> What changed? Is it just configuration or did change
> completely?
>
> Cheers,
> Matt

Any idea what could have caused the change? Is it texlive
or within Emacs?

* Re: What happened to clocktable in pdf export?
@ 2014-04-28 11:33   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-04-28 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buddy.butterfly; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Buddy Butterfly <buddy.butterfly@web.de> writes:

> Any idea what could have caused the change? Is it texlive
> or within Emacs?

Would you mind posting a simple example?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: What happened to clocktable in pdf export?
@ 2014-07-24 12:48     ` Buddy Butterfly
From: Buddy Butterfly @ 2014-07-24 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

sorry, for the delay (;-) but Problem still exists.
In the past we used to use the clocktable for quick effort estimation
because of the very nice table structure in a pdf export.
The current state you can see in the attachment.
The following issues arise

1. Even though the column separators are given in latex, they are not
printed
   anymore. Only when using the org-table standard feature |<>|. But such
   an additional line will be deleted after a clocktable refresh.

2. The indentation underscores are printed, which did not come before.
Especially
   this makes it ugly. Before the _ have not been exported.

Cheers,
Matt

Am 28.04.2014 um 13:33 schrieb Nicolas Goaziou:
> Hello,
>
> Buddy Butterfly <buddy.butterfly@web.de> writes:
>
>> Any idea what could have caused the change? Is it texlive
>> or within Emacs?
> Would you mind posting a simple example?
>

> Regards,

[-- Attachment #2: ugly_clocktable_pdf.org --]
[-- Type: application/emacs-org-mode, Size: 1808 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: ugly_clocktable_pdf.pdf --]

* Re: What happened to clocktable in pdf export?
@ 2014-07-25  9:06       ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-07-25  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buddy.butterfly; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Buddy Butterfly <buddy.butterfly@web.de> writes:

> 1. Even though the column separators are given in latex, they are not
> printed
>    anymore. Only when using the org-table standard feature |<>|. But such
>    an additional line will be deleted after a clocktable refresh.

This is because syntax has changed. Attributes specific to the table
have to be inserted above the table, not above the dynamic block. What
you really want is (note the differences in "attr_latex" line)

  #+BEGIN: clocktable :maxlevel 7 :scope tree3 :indent t
  #+ATTR_LATEX: :environment longtable :align l|r|r|r
  | Headline | Time |   |   |
  #+END:

Since the table is auto generated, you have to send this line through
the :header property:

  #+BEGIN: clocktable :maxlevel 7 :scope tree3 :indent t :header "#+attr_latex: :align l|r|r|r :environment longtable\n"
  #+END:

Now you can also avoid using both "#+latex:" lines with appropriate
properties:

  #+BEGIN: clocktable :maxlevel 7 :scope tree3 :indent t :header "#+attr_latex: :align l|r|r|r :environment longtable :center t :font \\footnotesize\n"
  #+END:

Eventually you can also insert a caption with, e.g.,

  #+BEGIN: clocktable :maxlevel 7 :scope tree3 :indent t :header "#+attr_latex: :align l|r|r|r :environment longtable :center t :font \\footnotesize\n#+caption: Clock summary at {{{time(%c)}}}\n"

> 2. The indentation underscores are printed, which did not come before.
> Especially
>    this makes it ugly. Before the _ have not been exported.

"\__" syntax doesn't exist anymore, so no exporter will recognize it.

The replacement is "\emsp". I fixed it in maint. Thank you for reporting
it.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: What happened to clocktable in pdf export?
@ 2014-07-25  9:29         ` Buddy Butterfly
From: Buddy Butterfly @ 2014-07-25  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

this is sooo cool! Was not aware of this syntax change.
It works now as expected.

Regarding

"\__" syntax doesn't exist anymore, so no exporter will recognize it.

The replacement is "\emsp". I fixed it in maint. Thank you for reporting
it.

How can I easily fix it in my Ubuntu dist? I am running the standard
repo version from Ubuntu 14.04. Any .el or something like that?

Just a small one. As now the line for the clocktable becomes longer,
is there a method to break up the clocktable header into multiple lines?

Thanks a lot man, you saved my docs ;-)

Cheers,
Matt

@ 2014-07-25 11:16           ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-07-25 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buddy.butterfly; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Buddy Butterfly <buddy.butterfly@web.de> writes:

> How can I easily fix it in my Ubuntu dist? I am running the standard
> repo version from Ubuntu 14.04. Any .el or something like that?

Since it is fixed in maint, you can update Org from ELPA. It will be
updated in a few hours.

> Just a small one. As now the line for the clocktable becomes longer,
> is there a method to break up the clocktable header into multiple
> lines?

Not yet, but ultimately :header property should probably be moved
to #+HEADER: keyword above the dynamic block, much like source blocks:

  #+header: #+attr_latex: :align l|r|r|r :environment longtable
  #+header: :fontsize \footnotesize
  #+BEGIN: clocktable :maxlevel 7 :scope tree3 :indent t

Though, there's no standard syntax to include a newline there, e.g.,

  #+header: #+attr_latex: :align l|r|r|r :environment longtable
  #+header: :fontsize \footnotesize\n#+caption: Some caption

@ 2014-07-30 11:04             ` Buddy Butterfly
From: Buddy Butterfly @ 2014-07-30 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nicolas,

updated via elpa and got the nice table back again in pdf.
Also in ASCII and HTML export it is nicely indented now.

A drawback, though is that the \_ in the emacs editing is now
gone! The lines now look like

\emsp\emsp\emsp Task2

Which is also not very nice. The editing style "\_" was quite nice,
though, not for export. Is there a way to make the \emsp invisible
within Emacs?

Also, any Idea how to get the column separator lines also in ASCII export?
PDF works because of the extra header line. HTML and ASCII I do not know.

Cheers,
Matt