Thanks! All best, Leonard > Bastien > May 21, 2014 at 2:43 AM > Hi Leonard, > > I followed your directions and added another fix. > > Things should be okay now, let me know if not. > > Thanks, > > Leonard Randall > May 4, 2014 at 3:37 AM > Hi Bastien, > > Just to follow up on the error, reverting commit 0ca4092 fixes the bug > that I mentioned in my last email and reverting the fourth hunk of > commit b8c85a1 should fix the bug that you tried to fix with that > commit. Carsten had added an 'unless (bolp)' condition to the > function that controls inserting new lines outside of headlines to > avoid deleting whitespace. However, so far as I can tell, the other > measures Carsten put in place with that commit made adding this > condition unnecessary. Outside of the contexts where it produces the > first bug I mentioned it does not seem to affect headline insertion > behaviour. > > Anyway, reverting those commits should get headline insertion to work > as advertised. > > All best > > Leonard > > Leonard Randall > April 30, 2014 at 6:03 PM > > Hi Bastien, > Thanks for the fix, and sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there > seems to be a new issue. Now, if you press M-RET in a lower level tree > anywhere but in the headline, it will produce a new first level > headline. So, given buffer contents as in example (a), if i press > M-Ret at the end of `two', I get (b) which is what I would expect, > but if i press RET, then M-RET, I get (c) which is certainly not what > I would expect. > > --example-a-- > * Level one > > ** Level two > --end-example-a-- > > --example b-- > * Level one > > ** Level two > > ** > --end-example-b-- > > ----example-c-- > * Level one > > ** Level two > > * > ----end-example-c- > > Thanks again. > > All best, > Leonard > Bastien > April 30, 2014 at 9:44 AM > Hi Leonard, > > Okay, I see now and this is fixed -- thanks for your patience, > > Leonard Randall > April 30, 2014 at 8:12 AM > > > > > I'm having a hard time finding out what you *did* exactly -- can you > describe the way to reproduce the bug from an empty buffer, step by > step? > > > Sorry, I should have been more explicit about what I was doing. Step > by step instructions would look something like this. > > If I type the following commands, > > 1. emacs -q -l ~/minimal-init.el > 2. C-x C-f ~/test.org RET > 3. bla > 4. C-a > 5. M-RET > 6. C-e > 7. RET > 8. bla bla > 9. C-a > 10. M-RET > > I get: > ----begin-example--- > * bla > * > bla bla > ----end-example--- > > If I perform the same commands without loading the minimal init file > (Minimal-init just adds the most recent version org-mode to the load > path, and says to debug on error), I get this > > ----begin example--- > > * bla > * bla bla > ----end-example--- > > It adds a new line before the first headline, but otherwise it acts as > expected. I am not sure if it makes any difference. But I am running > the the Homebrew version of emacs 24.3.1 on OS X Mavericks. > > All best, > Leonard