* gnuplot not working with babel
@ 2014-06-02  2:48 Lawrence Bottorff
From: Lawrence Bottorff @ 2014-06-02  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm just starting out with babel and can't get the example code to run (
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-gnuplot.html#sec-4)
:

#+begin_src gnuplot :exports code :file file.png
reset

set title "Putting it All Together"

set xlabel "X"
set xrange [-8:8]
set xtics -8,2,8

set ylabel "Y"
set yrange [-20:70]
set ytics -20,10,70

f(x) = x**2
g(x) = x**3
h(x) = 10*sqrt(abs(x))

plot f(x) w lp lw 1, g(x) w p lw 2, h(x) w l lw 3
#+end_src

This produces

   org-babel-execute:gnuplot: Cannot open load file: no such file or
directory, gnuplot

Also, I tried a straight org-plot/gnuplot call while the cursor was in a
table with similar results:

   org-plot/gnuplot: Cannot open load file: no such file or directory,
gnuplot

I have gnuplot installed and the above code produces the expected output
graphic when run from the command line. I'm on U14.10, Emacs24.3.50.1, and
Org 8.2.3a.

Also, I'm tired of typing the #+begin_src ... #+end_src block every time.
Is there a quicker key binding for this?

LB

* Re: gnuplot not working with babel
@ 2014-06-02  2:54 ` Omid
From: Omid @ 2014-06-02  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

For your second question, please see Easy Templates as one solution:
http://orgmode.org/manual/Easy-Templates.html

Omid

Sent from my Emacs

@ 2014-06-02  3:01 ` Omid
From: Omid @ 2014-06-02  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

And searching with the keywords from the error you're getting, your
first problem is solved by installing gnuplot.el (to drive gnuplot
inside Emacs):
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-07/msg00563.html