I'm using org-mode for a lengthy book. My editor has graciously agreed to edit the raw ord-mode files, thus eliminating yet another source of re-introduced errors. However, the publisher asks her to format in Word, so after all the editing is done, I need to convert to Word. Pandoc seems a good choice: org -> latex -> docx: the first step normal org export, the second step Pandoc. It is good EXCEPT my book contains many, many cross references. In docx they come out looking like: "see [sec-3-4-2]" when I want them to look like "see 3.4.2". I'm still on a steep part of the learning curve, so don't know if Pandoc can be tweaked to fix this. I have also tried oolatex which is a part of the tex4ht suite. It does the right thing on cross references, but has some other minor problems. I have also used Pandoc to convert a friends Markdown to ePub. Slick and nice. Cheers, Alan On 22/05/14 04:01, Grant Rettke wrote: > Hi, > > Lately been hearing great things about Pandoc's ability to export to > ebook formats and more. > > Folks that use both Pandoc and org-mode: how do you use them together, > and why? > > Kind regards, > > Grant Rettke | AAAS, ACM, ASA, FSF, IEEE, SIAM, Sigma Xi > gcr@wisdomandwonder.com | > http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/ > “Wisdom begins in wonder.” --Socrates > ((λ (x) (x x)) (λ (x) (x x))) > “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop > taking it seriously.” --Thompson -- Alan L Tyree http://www2.austlii.edu.au/~alan Tel: 04 2748 6206 sip:typhoon@iptel.org